Chapter 26

The next morning, Seunghyeon shuffled into class, making over to Yoonah and Kwangsun across the classroom and rested his head on Yoonah's shoulder. "Too early. Need coffee," he whined.

Yoonah chuckled and patted his head. "We can go after class. My treat."

Seunghyeon nodded and nuzzled her shoulder. "Thanks, Yoonah, you're the best."

Kwangsun cleared his throat. "Tone down the PDA."

Seunghyeon glared at him playfully. He wrapped one arm around Yoonah, careful not to hit her with his canvas case. "Nope. You're just jealous no one's buying you coffee."

Kwangsun rolled his eyes and placed his case on the table, unzipping it. "Sure."

Chuckling, Seunghyeon pulled away with a yawn. "Oh, I gotta catch you up on last night," he said, nudging Kwangsun's shoulder. Kwangsun cracked a grin.

"What happened last night?" Yoonah asked.

"Okay, so–" Seunghyeon explained the incident with Myungsuk and Insoo from the moment they said goodbye to her to dinner last night.

"Oh my Gods," Yoonah gasped, cupping her cheeks. "That's so funny. Wow, I can't believe Myungsuk said that." Seunghyeon and Kwangun laughed.

"Yeah, I was shocked," he said and patted Kwangsun's shoulder with the back of his hand. "I think I actually short-circuited. Like, how're you supposed to respond to that? I knew Myungsuk was blunt, but–" he whistled.

"Well, I'm not that surprised. He says what's on his mind. I just love how he called you out for being a hypocrite," Kwangsun teased.

"Oi, I'm not like that anymore," Seunghyeon scoffed, rolling his eyes. "I'm focusing on being employable this year, as should everyone. I haven't dated anyone in months. It's a waste of time anyway."

Kwangsun raised his eyebrow. "Is dating really a waste of time?"

"It's because he always breaks up with people once they get annoying," Yoonah interjected.

"Well, duh," Seunghyeon said. "I don't ask about them, and they don't ask about me. What's so wrong with that?"

Kwangsun chuckled. "Isn't that just like friends with benefits or something? How is that dating?"

Seunghyeon shrugged. "Simple. To pay for stuff."

Kwangsun gave him a look and fondly shook his head. "You're crazy," he chuckled before getting distracted by Professor Lim walking in.

"Good morning, everyone," Professor Lim said. The class mumbled it back just like the zombies they were. "Alright. Let's get started. Who wants to go first. We'll go clockwise."

The ten students took their seats in the circle, some more eager than others to get critiques. Seunghyeon was not one of those people.

"Stop bouncing your leg," Kwangsun whispered. "What's up with you?"

Seunghyeon paused. "I don't wanna go," he confessed. "I've barely got anything done."

Kwangsun smirked and nudged him.

"I can go," Yoonah said, and Seunghyeon mentally cheered. Going clockwise meant they might not have enough time to get to him.

Yoonah unzipped her portfolio bag and pulled out her rolled paper, taking it to the easel at the front. She clipped it on and unravelled it, realizing her soft watercolour landscapes.

"She got a lot done from last week," Seunghyeon whispered to Kwangsun.

Kwangsun nodded. "It's really coming together."