Chapter 16

Seunghyeon pulled up to the curb in front of the auditorium. "You ready?"

Myungsuk stared out at the courtyard full of people and squeezed the backpack in his lap. "Yes," he whispered but didn't budge.

Taeyong and he had worked on his hair and makeup all morning and it shocked Seunghyeon how similar he and Myungsuk looked. Seunghyeon touched his own face. He hadn't realized how rounded and soft his features were until he saw them on Myungsuk. He pursed his lips. He should have gotten some sharp features like Taeyong. Maybe people would take him more seriously.

"Ah, there's Insoo," Myungsuk said and waved as Insoo jogged to the car.

Seunghyeon rolled down the window. "Hey, Insoo."

"Hello, Seunghyeon-sunbae," Insoo said with a bow. He then turned to Myungsuk and his eyes widened, blinking before he smiled a dopey, cheesy smile. "You look great, Myungsuk."

Myungsuk bit the inside of his cheek and blushed. "Thank you. Um, you look great too."

"Thanks."

The two stared at each other and Seunghyeon rolled his eyes. "Okay, okay. Both of you get out of here," he said and unlocked the door. "I'll pick you up in a couple of hours. Okay, Myungsuk?"

Myungsuk nodded as Insoo opened the door and he stepped out. "Okay, Hyung."

Seunghyeon nodded and leaned over. "Insoo, take my number. I want updates from you," he said and squinted at him, letting a hint of aggression out with his pheromones. "You better take care of him."

Insoo stiffened and nodded. "Of course, sunbae," he said and bowed again.

"That's what I like to hear," he said and relaxed, smiling at Myungsuk. "Have fun," he said, starting up the car.

"I will," Myungsuk said and waved until Seunghyeon pulled away from the curb and turned out of sight.

Seunghyeon sat in one of the cafes on campus, abandoning his weak iced latte on the table as he leaned back against his chair.

He scanned the crowd over his phone, huffing when none of them were who he was waiting for. Running his fingers through his hair, he scrolled through his phone, ignoring the looks people were giving him.

Looking up, Seunghyeon spotted him. Sihoo grabbed his iced coffee and walked over, sitting down. "Hey," he said, with a familiar low rumble in his voice.

It was strange seeing him with long hair and baggy clothes. When they dated, Sihoo was straight out of the military with buzzed hair and tight clothes to show off his muscles. His looks were a real catch back then, but now... At least he learned not to wear his alpha pheromones like cologne.

"What did you want to talk about?"

Clearing his throat, Seunghyeon crossed one leg over the other and folded his hands on his lap, summoning Taeyong's friendliness. "How have you been?"

Sihoo gave him an unimpressed look. "Do you really care?"

Seunghyeon's cheap smile faltered. "Of course, It's been what? Five months?"

"It's been almost two years."

"Really?" Seunghyeon whistled. "Wow, time really flies." Running his fingers through his hair. "You didn't have to answer my text, you know," he said. Gods, he hoped Sihoo wasn't hung up on him. Maybe this was a bad idea.

"You were overly formal. And you wanted to meet on campus. I assumed it had to do with your school."

Seunghyeon eyed him for a moment before accepting his answer. He was always perceptive; hence why they didn't last long.