Chapter 21

Taeyong wiped the inside of the mug, twisting it around and around, the cloth squeaking against the dry surface.

Seunghyeon nudged his shoulder. "Will you stop that?"

Taeyong blinked at him. "Stop what?"

"Being lost in your thoughts." Seunghyeon glanced around and leaned in. "Seriously, Hyung. You might be jumping to conclusions."

Last night, Taeyong had barged into his room to lift the weight of his discovery off his chest. And while Taeyong could brush it off after talking it out, this time he couldn't let it go.

"You're right," Taeyong sighed and set the mug down. "I have other things to worry about."

"Yeah," Seunghyeon chuckled. "Like, I don't know? Your baby?"

Taeyong hummed. "True," he said with a hum. "Also you."

"Me?"

"Well–" Taeyong picked up another mug, drying it. "You've been kind of jumpy lately. Is everything okay?"

Seunghyeon stared at him before picking up the dry mug. "I'm fine," he said and set it on the shelf. He wasn't about to tell Taeyong he was posing naked a few nights ago for a project.

Taeyong would be scarred, and Seunghyeon did not want to deal with that freakout. He didn't know which part was worse. That Seunghyeon posed naked for Kwangsun, Kwangsun did the same thing, or they took these pictures were going to be portraits.

"Are you sure?" Taeyong asked, handing him the mug. "Your vibe is off."

Seunghyeon snapped his head back, scrunching up his nose. "Ew, don't say that."

Taeyong glared at him. "I can say whatever I want."

"Well, don't." Seunghyeon stuck his tongue out. "It's gross."

"Excuse me?" Taeyong stomped his foot. "This is my establishment. I will kick you out."

"Oh yeah?" Seunghyeon glared up at him, hands on his waist. "I'd like to see you try."

"Woah, Woah." Kwangsun walked out from the back, stepping between them while holding up a fresh tray of matcha tiramisus. "All fights gotta happen outside."

Taeyong laughed, and Seunghyeon scoffed half-heartedly. His focus drifted from the tray down Kwangsun's arms, where his bicep disappeared under his sleeve, the fabric clinging to the muscle.

Seunghyeon tore his eyes away, busying himself by putting away the rest of the mugs. Since they took the pictures, every time he'd see Kwangsun, his naked body would flash in his brain. With his broad shoulders and chiselled abs and strong arms–

"Dammit," Seunghyeon scoffed, furiously raking his fingers through his hair.

"Are you okay?" Taeyong asked, pausing his conversation with Kwangsun.

"I'm fine," he muttered. His cheeks heated up when he felt Kwangsun's eyes on him, and a similar shudder ran down his spine.

Maybe he was spending too much time photoshopping the picture. It wasn't like he wanted to remember every detail of Kwangsun's body. But he didn't want to make things weird. And was pretending it never happened more awkward? Seunghyeon set another mug on the shelf. If they were going to work on these paintings for months, it was better to acknowledge it, right?

Taeyong took the tray and set the pastries in the display case, and Kwangsun sauntered over, swinging his arm around Seunghyeon's shoulder. "What's on your mind, kitty?"