Chapter 38

Daehyun set the tray down on the coffee table and handed one mug to Taeyong and another to Chanri– his mother. "Thank you," Taeyong hummed as Daehyun settled next to him.

Chanri closed the black binder on her lap and brought the cup to her lips. "Are you sure you put sugar in this and not salt?" she teased.

Daehyun tsked. "I've never made that mistake, mother."

"Just kidding." Her crow's feet creased as she smiled and took a sip. "I'm only making sure you know how to take care of your mate."

"What do you mean by that?" Daehyun straightened up, wrapping his arm around Taeyong. Taeyong grinned against his cup.

"Just because Taeyong looks beautiful pregnant, doesn't mean it's easy." Chanri huffed. "Imagine when the baby comes. I expect you to help out."

Taeyong smiled up at Daehyun's frown, laughing softly. "Don't worry. Daehyun takes very good care of me," he said and nuzzled Daehyun's shoulder. "He even massages my feet and gets me food in the middle of the night." Taeyong muffled his giggle with his hand.

"Good," Chanri said and sipped her tea. "You should keep asking him for stuff. Or else he'll get complacent," she said, laughing softly at Daehyun's frown.

People were always surprised when they learn Chanri is Daehyun's mother. Her bubbly personality was a complete opposite from Daehyun's straight-faced approach to life. But Daehyun still had a lot of her in him. From her straight nose and height to being unable to stop themselves from pampering and adoring him. Not that Taeyong minded one bit.

The front door beeped and whirred unlocked. Seunghyeon pushed the door open, and Taeyong sat up, furrowing his brows, staring at his condition. Messy hair, an oversized t-shirt he does not remember and traces of last night's makeup smudged around his eyes.

Taeyong cleared his throat. "Good morning."

Seunghyeon froze. He slowly looked over with a sheepish grin. "Uh"– Seunghyeon slipped off his shoes and padded down the foyer into the living room. "Goodmorning," he mumbled, rubbing his arm. He nodded his head at Chanri. "Hello, Auntie Chanri."

"Goodmorning, dear," Chanri said, with an amused smile. "Looks like you had fun last night," she teased and Seunghyeon's eyes widened and a blush swept his face.

"Don't tease him, mother," Daehyun scolded. Taeyong bit the inside of his cheek. Daehyun to the rescue as usual. Daehyun turned back to Seunghyeon. "You can go rest. It's okay."

Seunghyeon sighed in relief and nodded his head once more before hurrying to his room.

Taeyong waited until Seunghyeon was out of sight before sighing. "I'm sorry, mother," he said. "I didn't realize he'd come home looking like that."

Chanri chuckled and fondly shook her head. "It's okay," she said. "We'll just need to find him someone who likes to have fun too," she added, winking.

Taeyong hummed and playfully scrunched his nose. "He's still so young. He's definitely not looking. Right?" he asked, turning to Daehyun.

Daehyun nodded and held Taeyong closer. "Don't try to set Seunghyeon up with anyone," he said with a pointed look.

"I wasn't going to," Chanri sighed dramatically. "I was just thinking about the Lee's second son? He's a nice alpha and is a gallery director," she said and opened up the binder on her lap. "We could invite him to the baby shower."

Biting back a giggle, Taeyong shook his head. "If we do that, we'll have to invite a hundred more people. I don't want grandmother to be overwhelmed," he said. His omega mentor, Daehyun's grandmother, took hosting parties extremely seriously, which wasn't good for her health.