Chapter 60

What?

The room stilled.

Seunghyeon stared at Daehyun.

His face was drained of colour. He gripped the phone hard enough where Seunghyeon thought it might snap. Seunghyeon took a deep breath.

Taeyong was in labour. Myungsuk was lost.

Taeyong was alone. Myungsuk wasn't answering his phone.

Taeyong was scared. Myungsuk was probably scared too.

Seunghyeon's heart pounded against his ribcage. Taeyong was having his baby and they didn't know where Myungsuk was.

"Are you sure?" Daehyun asked slowly.

"Yes," Taeyong whimpered.

Seunghyeon's mind snapped with his instincts flooding in and he grabbed the phone. Before Daehyun could stop him, Seunghyeon turned on the speaker.

"Hyung, listen to me. You need to breathe. I'm sure crying is going to make it worse," Seunghyeon said, the words falling out of his mouth before he could think.

Taeyong sniffled. "s-Seunghyeon?"

"Yeah, it's me," Seunghyeon said. His instincts wavered for a moment, but he pushed through. "Now listen to me. Daehyun-hyung will take you to the hospital, and Kwangsun and I will look for Myungsuk and Insoo. Okay?" Seunghyeon looked up at the others. "Okay?"

Daehyun and Kwangsun nodded.

"Okay," Taeyong whispered. "Um, Seunghyeon. About what I said–"

Seunghyeon shook his head. "Forget about that right now. We can talk about that later." Seunghyeon cracked a smile. "Right now, we need to stick together."

"Okay." From the softness in his voice, Seunghyeon knew Taeyong was smiling. Seunghyeon handed the phone back to Daehyun. "We can go home and I can pick up the car."

Daehyun nodded and held his phone back to his ear. "Let's go then."

Nodding, Seunghyeon and Kwangsun rushed upstairs to grab their things. Kwangsun met Daehyun at the door first while Seunghyeon followed behind.

"What's going on?" Yoonah stepped out of Jeanie's room, her face half painted in pink glitter and her hair covered in hair dye. If it wasn't for the situation, Seunghyeon would have laughed.

"Uh, Myungsuk is lost and Sunny and I are going to go find him," Seunghyeon explained.

"He's lost?" Yoonah gasped. "Oh my Gods. Do you need us to help?"

Seunghyeon shook his head. "No, it's fine. Your hair, I mean–"

Yoonah placed her hands on his shoulder. "Seunghyeon," she said. "Jeanie and I will help. Let us help you."

Seunghyeon stared at her before nodding. "Okay," he said with a soft smile. "Thank you."

"Of course," she said and squeezed him in a tight hug. "Everything will be okay."

Seunghyeon nodded as she pulled away and hurried back into the room. Seunghyeon took a deep breath and ran down the stairs, jumping into the back of Daehyun's car.

Seunghyeon blared his car horn, gritting his teeth. "Come on!" he yelled as the cars around him moved at a sluggish pace.

"Hey, take it easy," Kwangsun said, placing his hand on his shoulder. "It's going to be okay."

"Is it?" Seunghyeon snapped. He raked his fingers through his hair, bouncing his knee. "They're not at Appa and Eomma's apartment. Yoonah and Jeanie haven't seen them on campus yet"–Seunghyeon took a deep breath–"Plus, look at the crowd."