Chapter 3

"Awe, cutie! Who do you like better, your mama or me," Taeyong asked, cooing as he bounced the baby on his lap who giggled and squealed back at him.

"Urgh, don't ask him that," Jaejin said. "Obviously, it's his mama. Right, Minjun." He blew a kiss at his baby before finishing his coffee.

Taeyong laughed and adjusted Minjun in his lap. "I still can't believe you're a mom," Taeyong said and chuckled. "And that Minjun is so big now. He can almost support his neck on his own."

Jaejin hummed. "It's crazy. It's reality," he said, capping his lipstick and tucking it into his Prada bag. "I'm a full-time mom and you run this cafe."

"Yeah." Taeyong looked around, the green plants popping against the light wood tables and the treats deliciously bright in the display. Back in high school, they were both determined to have high-position corporate jobs. Now they've just married alphas that do.

"Did you hear about Mrs. Wong?"

"Hm? What did she do now," he asked and tickled Minjun's chubby cheeks.

Jaejin smirked. "It wasn't her who did anything," he said and leaned closer. "Apparently, Mr. Wong filed for a divorce."

Taeyong's attention snapped away from Minjun, gasping. "What?"

"I know," Jaejin shook his head and leaned back, crossing his arms. "I thought Mrs. Wong would be the one to file for divorce. But I heard he got some omega pregnant and wants to marry them instead."

Taeyong whistled. "I can't imagine Mr. Wong cheating. He's so quiet."

"Yeah, that's because Mrs. Wong kept walking all over him. And what's the point of marrying an omega and not having children?

Taeyong nodded. "Yeah. Alphas who marry omegas want big families," he repeated. A few people in their social circle had divorces and the omegas were replaced with the alpha's new mates. This was the harsh reality of marrying up the ladder.

Taeyong shrugged. "At least we don't have to see her ever again."

Jaejin nodded. "Yeah, thank gods. I swear, did you see how she acted at Minjun's 100-day birthday? I seriously wanted to slap her."

"I would've liked to see that," Taeyong chuckled.

"Maybe if I see her again I will," Jaejin smirked and checked his phone. "Ah, we should get going," he said and stood up, draping his white mink coat over his shoulders.

Taeyong nodded and carefully lifted Minjun up, pouting as he kissed his cheek. "Bye Minjun. Uncle Taeyong will miss you," he said and nuzzled him.

"Stop scenting him," Jaejin teased. They both strapped Minjun into the stroller.

"I can't help it. It's just so chubby. And this onesie is so cute," Taeyong cooed as they covered him with blankets and the wind guard.

"Get your own baby," Jaejin said. "I know you and Daehyun are having too much fun with the process."

Taeyong blushed and rolled his eyes. "I'll see you later, okay? Call me," he said, ignoring him.

"I will. I'm planning on hosting a small dinner so I'll let you know," Jaejin said and they hugged briefly.

Taeyong held the door open for them, cringing at the gust of wind. Jaejin flagged down his driver, who jumped out of the car and helped with the stroller. "Bye, Taeyong."

Taeyong waved. "Bye!" He closed the door and waved as they drove past the cafe down the one-way street, before shaking his head fondly.

He cleared up their drinks and rinsed them in the sink behind the counter. Jaejin will definitely tease him when he finds out he's pregnant.