Chapter 24

Taeyong set the bowl of orange peels on the counter and sighed. He tried taking a nap, and catching up with friends. He even tried revising some of his older recipes. But the moment he was done, the wave of guilt washed over him with greater force. He tried to busy himself with anything else, but nothing worked.

He needed a real distraction.

Retying his silk robe, he padded out of the kitchen, through the deserted main room until he stopped at the door. He knocked gently before slowly turning the handle, peeking his head in. "Daehyun?"

"Yes?" Daehyun asked, his eyes glued to his computer screen, framed in his square glasses, and his bangs falling onto his forehead matched with plain lounge clothes. What a worthy distraction indeed.

Closing the door behind him, Taeyong sauntered over. He brushed his fingers up Daehyun's shoulder. "Are you busy?" he asked, drawing out his words before brushing his fingers against his jaw.

Daehyun hummed and leaned back in his chair, absently rubbing Taeyong's side, still focused ahead. "I'm reviewing one of our contracts. The one with CB corp."

Taeyong pressed his lips into a tight line. The last thing he wanted to hear was something to do with Hungwoo and his business.

"What's on your mind?" Daehyun turned to him, waiting patiently. When Taeyong didn't answer, Daehyun lifted his hand, kissing his fingers.

"You've been quiet all day," he started. "And Seunghyeon told me you had a fight with Jaejin."

Taeyong clicked his tongue. "We didn't fight."

"Are you sure?" Daehyun raised a speculative eyebrow and Taeyong frowned.

"Really, I mean it." He insisted and leaned down, resting his chin on Daehyun's shoulder. "He wasn't mad at me. He was"–Taeyong shrugged–"upset at someone in our friend group and decided to go confront them," he said, plastering on an amused smile. "I felt bad about it, but I'm okay now."

Daehyun nodded. "I see," he said before glancing at him. "Who was it?"

Taeyong smacked his chest. "Not telling," he said, stifling a laugh. He wasn't going to make this story more elaborate than it needed to be.

With a smirk, Daehyun turned back to his work. Taeyong cracked a smile and nuzzled Daehyun's neck. Now that Daehyun's concern was dealt with, he could focus on more pressing matters.

Taeyong dragged his hands down Daehyun's chest, brushing his lips against his ear, taking in his alpha's scent. Strong and musky, like a dense forest, filling Taeyong's mind with tempting thoughts.

The rumble from Daehyun's chest perked Taeyong up and Daehyun leaned his head back with a knowing smirk as he turned his chair around to face him.

Taeyong leaned back against the wall and tugged the knot of his robe, opening up his body. A shudder ran down his spine from Daehyun's hungry gaze.

Daehyun's hands held Taeyong's sides, sliding down, tracing the outline of his body. As he reached his bump, Daehyun flicked his eyes up. "How far do you want to go?"

"Up to you," Taeyong said, taking Daehyun's hand and kissing his fingers, his sweet scent wafting off him, luring his alpha. "Fuck me until I forget my own name."

Growling, Daehyun shot up, grabbing Taeyong's nape and pulling him into a deep kiss, pressing their bodies together. Moaning, Taeyong wrapped his arms around him, shivering at the taste of Daehyun's tongue and lips, sending his pheromones straight to his brain.