Chapter 36

Seunghyeon slipped on another long silver chain before turning to Yoonah. "What do you think?" he asked, running his hands over his half mesh crop top and black Bermuda shorts.

Yoonah looked up from his bed and nodded. "Much better. You look so pretty," she cooed and turned back to the mirror and fluffed up her blue hair.

"Thanks." Seunghyeon fiddled with his stack of bracelets and let out a sigh. It had been a week since he learnt Kwangsun's going to be gone for the whole summer. Seunghyeon considered asking, but Kwangsun is the one who should have told him. Seunghyeon felt like he was the only person who didn't know.

Seunghyeon ruffled his hair and sighed. If Kwangsun didn't care about him, why should Seunghyeon care either? "Yoonah, you ready?"

Yoonah dabbed her lips with colour and hopped off the bed. "Yup!"

The two of them made their way to the door. "Hyung! Yoonah and I are leaving," he called out.

"Okay, have fun," Taeyong said, trying to sit up, but Daehyun held him firmly in place on his lap. Taeyong whined and muttered something to him, but Daehyun merely smirked and nuzzled him. Seunghyeon scrunched up his nose

"Can you please be gross after we leave?" Seunghyeon groaned and slipped on his chunky sneakers, smirking when he was eye-level with Yoonah.

"We can be as gross as we want in our own house," Taeyong scolded and Seunghyeon rolled his eyes.

"Bye!" Seunghyeon yelled quickly and hurried out of the apartment.

In the elevator, Yoonah linked arms with him and pulled her phone out, opening the camera. Seunghyeon chuckled and posed with her. It had been a while since they'd gone out and he wasn't going to let anything ruin his night.

They stepped into the restaurant. The sizzling meat and the clinking of glasses mixed with the roaring crowd was music to Seunghyeon's ears. Nothing started the night better than beer and tasty meat.

"There they are." Yoonah pointed to the corner where their classmates were laughing, already drinks in hand.

"Hey, did you guys start without us?" Seunghyeon teased and greeted his classmates and a few unfamiliar faces. He cracked a grin as Yoonah hugged Jeanie with a gleeful hop in her step. 

"I was wondering what was taking you guys so long," Kwangsun said from across the table. Seunghyeon pursed his lips and eyed him. He wore a fitted t-shirt with an orange stripe and a smirk that almost made Seunghyeon forget he was still pissed at him. Almost.

"Takes a while to look this good," he said, and turned to Jeanie, giving her a quick hug. "Happy Birthday."

Jeanie chuckled and nodded back. "Thanks. Take a seat, another round of drinks are coming."

Seunghyeon nodded and looked around. Yoonah had taken the seat next to Jeanie, leaving the only one left next to Kwangsun. Seunghyeon dramatically rolled his eyes and walked around the table.

"Hey, what was that for?" Kwangsun chuckled and stretched his arm across the back of Seunghyeon's chair. "Am I really so bad?"

Seunghyeon raised his eyebrow, bitterness on the tip of his tongue. But, he stopped himself from mentioning anything. It wasn't like he owed Kwangsun anything.

"It's 'cause you're annoying," Seunghyeon said and grabbed an empty pint glass as the waiter set a new pitcher of beer. He leaned back and held his glass up to Kwangsun.

Kwangsun chuckled and raised his eyebrow. "You want me to serve you?" He asked and picked up the pitcher. "What did I do to piss you off?"

Seunghyeon tensed his jaw as his chest squeezed. "Nothing," he muttered. "You just have the jug."