Chapter 2

Seunghyeon held his phone between his shoulder and ear as he ripped open another sugar packet and poured it into his burnt coffee, wishing he could pick one up from the cafe instead of the instant machine on campus.

"What about Yoonah? Wasn't she looking for a job?" Taeyong asked through the phone.

"No, she's got a TA job this semester," Seunghyeon explained. "Don't you want someone who can speak English?" Seunghyeon adjusted his portfolio bag on his shoulder. Recently, more foreigners have been visiting the cafe. Luckily the three of them knew English, thanks to Daehyun.

"You're right," Taeyong sighed. "Well, just ask around. I've got to go. I'll see you later."

"See you," Seunghyeon said and hung up. Sighing, he tucked his phone into his jacket pocket and with his coffee ready, he braced himself. He pushed the doors open, the frigid air attacking his exposed skin.

Grumbling, he scurried to the next building over, scanned his key card and stumbled in. Sighing, he dragged his boots on the mat and headed through the corridor, the low whirring of pottery wheels echoing through the ground floor.

The Senior Arts Building housed studios for each discipline in the Visual Arts Department. Pottery on the ground floor, Western Art on the second and so on. Every time he climbed the stairs, his mood lifted. He deserved this after three years in a cramped, dingy studio.

Seunghyeon headed up the large staircase, the familiar smell of paint thinner filling the second floor. He unlocked his studio with his key card and pushed his way inside. There was nothing that could ruin his senior experience.

Before Seunghyeon could process what was happening, a tennis ball banged against his hand, the sheer force knocking the coffee out of his hand, spilling onto the floor and his platform sneakers.

"Fuck!" Seunghyeon jumped back, rubbing his precious wrist.

"Oh my Gods! Are you okay?" Yoonah asked, jumping up from her stool.

"I think I'm okay. But my coffee..." Seunghyeon glared at the other two in the room, zeroing in on the most obvious suspect.

Nam Kwangsun shrugged, running his hand over his short, kinky hair. "Oops, sorry kitten," he said, with the same seriousness as someone who'd dare to wear neon army pants with a matching t-shirt and think it was a look.

"You owe me a coffee," Seunghyeon scolded, balling his hands into fists. "And don't call me kitten!"

"Calm down, it's not a big deal," Kwangsun insisted, offering his obnoxiously bright smile.

Seunghyeon frowned harder.

"Actually, I threw the ball."

Seunghyeon looked over at Jeanie, who sheepishly waved her hand. Aside from being another alpha, she was decent. Except when Kwangsun was with her. Kwangsun made her as careless as he was.

"Why don't I get a mop and help you clean up, yeah? Sorry, Seunghyeon," Jeanie said as she got up.

Seunghyeon stepped back as she hopped over the puddle, giving her a nod as she offered him another apologetic smile. At least she had the decency to help.

Seunghyeon picked up the abandoned cup and lid, shaking them out before tossing them into the trash. He stepped around the puddle to Yoonah as she held her iced coffee to him. "You can have a sip of mine."

"Thanks, Yoonah," he leaned over, sipping through the straw as she held the cup. He squeaked, his teeth tingling from the iciness.

"Too cold?" Yoonah asked, giggling when Seunghyeon nodded.