Chapter One Hundred Twenty-Seven

A/N: hellooo lovelies

so i can't stop thinking about tom's latest post and the caption makes me think that tobey and andrew are really actually in the movie and I CANT WAIT TILL DECEMBER I NEED THE MOVIE NOW 😭

anyway, i've been thinking a lot about this book and the marvel shows (also no wandavision spoilers please) and i was wondering what if i made a "what if" book about adie's story after i finish writing all of it and it would be about things like what if her parents never died or what if she never met peter or what if she never got powers, etc etc. not 100% sold on it yet, but i was just thinking it :)

that's still a few years into the future but i pretty much live in the future anyway so

okay, enough talk, here's the new chapter!

————————————————————

"Keep it PG, Viv."

————————————————————

It had been a week since the Incident.

Her ankle was much better now and she was easily able to walk around on it by herself. The doctor had given her the green light and so Tony agreed to let her return to school as long as she never took a cab home again. Adelaide repeatedly promised him that she had learned her lesson and she wouldn't make the same mistake again.

Besides, she was more than happy to get back to school. Especially for today because something special was going to happen today.

"How's my breath? Anything stuck in my teeth? Do I have eye goop? Why aren't you saying anything? It's because I have eye goop isn't it?" Ned babbled to Peter who just shook his head and patted his best friend's shoulder reassuringly.

"You look fine, trust me," Peter said.

"I'm just so nervous. I've never done this before," Ned breathed, fixing the collar of his fancy dress shirt.

"If I can do it, you can too," Peter said.

Today was the day.

Today, Ned was finally going to ask Vivian to be his girlfriend and go to the Winter Dance with him next month. He had been planning this for a week now. It was a crowded hallway, right after their last class of the day had ended. Adelaide was the designated lookout, standing at the end of the hall where Vivian would be coming from her final class to her locker any second.

She had no idea what was about to happen. Adelaide smiled to herself. She was about to be so surprised. And Adelaide was sure that Vivian was going to say yes. She had caught the girl staring at Ned across the room and she had seen her blush feverishly whenever she brought up Ned in the conversation. Those two were meant to be.

Suddenly, Adelaide spotted her walking out of the classroom.

Her eyes widened and she ducked behind the wall, waving a signal over to the boys that she was coming. Peter spotted her and immediately jumped into position. He handed the three red roses to Ned who took them into shaky hands. Peter grabbed his shoulders to steady him.

"You can do this, man," Peter said and Ned nodded, trying to believe him. "I'll be right here."

Adelaide quickly jogged down the hall towards Peter and they both hid behind the wall that partitioned the hallway from the school entrance. Vivian wouldn't be able to see them, but they both would easily be able to see — and hear — everything that was happening.