Chapter One Hundred Nineteen

A/N: the more i look at this gif, the funnier it gets

so i've been facing a bit of writers block lately but good thing i've already written 6-7 chapters ahead of this so i don't have to worry about that for a while at least!

other than that, things have been pretty chill since the semester ended and all i've been doing is watching netflix so no complaints there

this is a pretty decently long chapter that i think you guys are gonna like. as promised, it's fluff as usual so enjoy it while it lasts :)

————————————————————

"What the fu—!"

————————————————————

"SURPRISE!"

Suddenly, all the lights came on at once and when Adelaide turned around, the entire decathlon team was standing there, smiling at her.

Adelaide's lip parted in shock as she looked around the room. Betty and Abe were holding up a banner that read WELCOME BACK, ADELAIDE!!! and the entire auditorium was decorated with several party decorations. Her eyes flitted over everyone's smiling faces, still wondering if this was a surprise party for her or if she was severely misinterpreting the situation. Was there another Adelaide that went to this school?

"Wha..." she managed to say, "What's all this?"

"It's a surprise welcome back party," Mr. Harrington smiled warmly, stepping forward, "We're all ready glad you came back from the hospital safe and healthy."

Adelaide couldn't believe it.

"So this is all...for me?" she breathed.

"Unless you've got an identical twin, this is your party, Adelaide," Mr. Harrington laughed.

"Oh...wow..." she said, still trying to wrap her head around the fact that the team cared this much about her. "I don't know what to say...Th-Thank you."

"If you want to thank anyone, thank Peter. He put all of this together himself," Mr. Harrington said, gesturing over to where Peter was standing in the crowd, smiling sheepishly at her. Adelaide looked at him in a bit of shock. He did all this...for her? She couldn't look away from him. He was just smiling at her like it was just the two of them in the room alone.

"Is it true that JLO came to visit you in the hospital?" Betty asked her. If she had, Adelaide had no idea.

"Did you really flatline?"

"Flash cried when he heard you flatlined."

"I did not!"

Adelaide laughed, looking at Flash who was obviously lying.

"I didn't know you cared that much, Flash," she smiled. He tried to look manly.

"Like I said, I did not cry," he said.

"So then why did Ned find you crying in the janitor's closet—"