Chapter One Hundred Seven

A/N: oh this is a BIG one

you're gonna love love love me after this ;)

also that gif 🥺

————————————————————
"I think she secretly just

watches it for Pat Sajak."
————————————————————

"Ta-da," Peter said, appearing in her doorway.

Gone were his crutches. Now his leg was just in a splint that he was allowed to walk on. And he looked pretty proud of himself.

"The doctors say they've never seen anything like it," he said proudly, walking into her room. It had become their thing now. Every evening since the past three evenings, Peter would come into her room and they would watch whatever was on the tv that time.

Adelaide frowned.

"You think I can borrow your super healing for a day?" she mumbled. Peter grinned, sitting down in the chair beside her bed.

"So what's it going to be today?" he asked, kicking his feet up on her bed and angling himself towards the tv hung up in the left corner of the room.

"Wheel of Fortune," she said.

"May loves this show," Peter said, "She never guesses it right, but she loves it. I think she secretly just watches it for Pat Sajak."

"Can't blame her," Adelaide shrugged as the man himself entered the stage, "He's charming as hell."

"Not you too," Peter groaned.

"You know, there's more people on the screen to look at than Vanna White," Adelaide said, following his gaze to the tv. He glared at her.

"I know that," he grumbled, "I just...I think her dress is nice."

Adelaide reached over and covered his eyes with her hand.

"What color is her dress?" she asked. Peter fumbled for an answer.

"D-Uh...uh...um...color is subjective," he said and Adelaide rolled her eyes, pulling her hand away. She gave him a look.

"Since when was red subjective?" she asked. Peter glanced at the screen where Vanna was indeed wearing a very obviously red dress. And looking very pretty in it too. He looked back at Ada.

"You know, you'd feel really for saying that if I was colorblind," he grumbled. Adelaide smiled.

"Lucky for me, you're not," she said and Peter rolled his eyes. The girl was just too stubborn to lose an argument. It reminded him of someone, he just couldn't quite place his finger on who it was.

"You know what?" he said, narrowing his eyes at her, "I think you have too much energy and you need to take a walk."

"I'm perfectly fine," she said, rolling her eyes. Peter stood up.

"No, no come on," he said, "You have to take a walk. I'm sick of being bullied by you."

"I don't bully you," Adelaide said, offended, "That would leave Flash jobless."

"You're hilarious," Peter said, not amused, "Come on."

"But I haven't left this bed in four days," she argued.

"Exactly. Way too much energy being pent up in that brain," he said, "Just get up already."

"Okay, okay! I'm getting up," she said, "Jeez, can't even be sick in peace around here." She slowly slid her legs over the edge of the bed and placed her bare feet on the cold floor. She immediately wanted to retract back into the warm bed, but she knew Peter would throw a fit if she did. So she pushed her weight onto her feet and slowly stood up.