Chapter Fifteen

A/N: I'm actually on time again, look at me! First of all, I just want to go ahead and thank everyone who helped me out with the notice yesterday (which is gone now) I was finally able to narrow it down to two names and I guess I'm just going to have to mess around with those and try to figure out which one I want. You guys had really great ideas and I honestly cannot thank you enough for your help! I can't wait for Adelaide to become an official superhero!

So there's only a few more chapters left of Age of Ultron and then we're gonna be back to some original stuff. In the last couple chapters it's mainly just been Adelaide and the Avengers and we haven't seen Peter at all so I squeezed him into this chapter because I know we can't go too long without him lol. I think my favorite part of this chapter is the scene with Peter or maybe the last scene.

————————————————————-
"While preparing for

the dangerous battle,

please remember

your mother."
————————————————————-

"What is this place?" Thor asked as they climbed the stairs and Adelaide had the same question. With everything that had happened, this place seemed...normal. Too normal. Even normality was being questioned now.

"Safe house," Tony said. Adelaide was walking with her arm around him and vice versa. She was still very much shaken by her vision. The teenager couldn't help wondering if there was any truth to it. She hoped not. The only thing she could see was herself holding the gun against Tony's head. Over and over, she pulled the trigger. Even though he was standing right next to her, Adelaide felt he was farther away than ever.

"Let's hope," Clint said, opening the door and Adelaide raised her eyebrow. Wasn't he the one who had brought them here? They all walked inside, one by one, eyes wandering in curiosity.

"Honey?" Clint shouted, "I'm home."

Adelaide couldn't be more surprised at the sight of the living room. There were toys and colors...what...? The teenager shared a confused look with Tony. What was this place? For some reason, the normality of it irritated Adelaide. Everything felt messed up in her mind, out place and discordant. But this place was normal and...right. She hated that it was just in her head. It made her feel crazy. Suddenly, a very pregnant woman walked into the room, holding colored paper and crayons in her hand. Adelaide tilted her head to the side.

"Hi," Clint said, "Company. Sorry, didn't call ahead." The woman smiled and walked up to the archer. They shared a kiss and Adelaide glanced at Tony who looked equally confused.

"This is an agent of some kind," the billionaire remarked.

"Gentlemen, this is Laura," Clint said. Laura smiled.

"I...know all your names," she said with a small laugh. Adelaide studied her. She looked nice enough. Laura glanced at her.

"I'm sorry," the woman said, "I don't..."

"Adelaide," she answered with a small nod. Smiling wasn't an expression she was ready for yet. Laura nodded. Suddenly, there were footsteps on from the stairs. Clint smiled, not the least bit surprised.

"Oh, incoming," he said. To everyone's surprise, two kids ran down, running into Clint's arms. Adelaide pulled her lips in, quietly clearing her throat.

"Dad!" the little girl shouted. Clint smiled widely, letting them run into his open arms.

"Hi, sweetheart! Hey, buddy! How're you guys doing!" Steve opened and closed his mouth, but no words came out.