Chapter Ninety-Four

A/N: SURPRISE UPDATE BECAUSE YALL DESERVE IT WOOT WOOT

seriously you guys were so nice and left a million beautiful comments on the last chapter that definitely cheered me UP and made me smile like an idiot so i thought id finally treat y'all with a surprise update :))

so i watched my name being called a graduation but couldn't get my diploma. sad times :)

but ya girl is smart and worked her ass off through high school so GUESS WHO HAS A FUCKING ASSOCIATES DEGREE AT 18?? THATS RIGHT ITS ME and i still have one more graduation to go to next month and it's at my college which is good cause i never really liked my high school anyways and im gonna go to my college graduation instead. aaand my family is amazing so because i couldn't go to graduation, we all dressed up and took pictures together in the park. memories are memories no matter how you make them :,)

also don't you just love it when you cut your hair and then you just can't stop running your fingers through it (and you pretend that your mom didn't cut it too short and hope it grows back before you have to go to college) 🥰

i know you should be happy that there's a surprise update, buuut don't smile just yet ;)

————————————————————
"You are destined for great,

wonderful things, Adelaide."
————————————————————

The little black spider deep in Adelaide's pocket was alight, flashing a red light.

—————

Peter was scared.

He was telling himself to not be scared, but he was. His spidey sense was going off and he was trying his best to pretend that it wasn't about Ada, but something in his gut told him that he was wrong. Still, he kept moving.

He was swinging back to the warehouse where he had abandoned Flash's car and phone. Every inch of his body hurt, but he knew he had to keep moving. So he ignored the fractured bones and cuts and bruises and swung through the city's skyscrapers, trying to find his way to the warehouse.

Finally, up ahead, he could see a clearing between the tall buildings where the road became more secluded and he recognized the twisted stop sign on the corner. Peter let go of his web and landed on the dirt road on his feet, cursing when a sharp pain shot up his right leg. He tried to run the last distance to the car, but his leg wouldn't cooperate and he ended up limping his way there.

He let out an immense breath of relief when he spotted the silver Audi abandoned on the side of the road. Quickly, he limped over to the car, desperately hoping that he hadn't wrecked it too much that it wouldn't work. He tried to open the door of the driver's seat, but it was jammed so he had to hop over it to get inside. Once he was inside, he started the car and realized that the passenger side's headlight wasn't working.

Well, Flash definitely deserved that.

"Phone, phone, ph— gotcha," Peter mumbled, finding Flash's phone under his seat.

There was a huge crack across the screen. Peter winced. He didn't want to think about what Flash would do if he found out that he was Spider-Man. He scrolled through the messages, realizing that Flash had several miscalls from his dad and an unsaved number which he recognized as Ned's.

Peter ignored all of that and immediately tried to call Ada.

For some reason, Flash had her number saved in his contacts. The phone kept ringing but she didn't pick up. His heart nearly skipped a beat. He tried to convince himself that it was probably because she was mad at him and dialed her number again. Nothing. He tried again, trying to ignore his ridiculously fast heartbeat.