Chapter One Hundred Twenty-Nine

A/N: hellooo

guess who's drowning in homework but keeps telling herself it'll be okay because she can finally start wandavision this friday and it's the only thing keeping her sane?? definitely not me, but whoever she is, she sounds crazy 👀

anyway, NO WANDAVISION SPOILERS or you're grounded 😤

i know i left a little bit of a cliffhanger last week, but this chapter has nothing to do with what happened in the last chapter, you'll have to wait a few more chapters to see how that turns out. warning: it's not good :)

until then, enjoy the fluff and peace while you can because it's not going to stick around for much longer!

————————————————————

"Did you bring the stuff?"

————————————————————

"Now, these packets I'm handing out are pretty large, but don't worry, we will use these to help you study for final exams coming up next month," Ms. Warren, their physics teacher, said as she passed out the packets.

When Adelaide got hers, she handed one to Peter before flipping through it. It was quite long as it reviewed material all the way from the first day of class to the last chapter they had reviewed.

"I know final exams are still a few weeks away, but I want you all to be prepared so I will assign a section of this packet for homework each night to help you review," she said, "Pages one through five will be due Monday. You're free to do them all in one night, but I can't imagine how that would help you review for the final. I will take a grade on them every day. Questions?"

"I can't believe this semester is almost over," Peter mumbled as he flipped through the packet. Adelaide nodded in agreement.

"I can't believe December is next week," she said.

And so is the Winter Dance, she said in her head. As excited as she was to go, her stomach swarmed with butterflies every time she thought about it. There was still so much she wasn't ready for. She hadn't bought a dress or even practiced how to dance.

And...what if Peter tried to kiss her that night?

Adelaide wasn't exactly against the idea, but she also had never kissed a boy before (those three seconds with Peter years ago didn't count). What if she was a bad kisser? Or a bad dancer? There were just about a million and one things that could go wrong. And considering her luck with any previous parties or dances she had been to, about half a million of those things were sure to go wrong.

Suddenly, the final dismissal bell rang, pulling her out of her spiral.

Shaking her head, she stuffed the packet into her binder and threw everything into her backpack before standing up. She waited by her desk for Peter to pack up his things too. Once he was done, they both left the room together.

"Don't forget you have the rest of the week off!" Ms. Warren called after her students as they left the classroom, "Happy Thanksgiving!"

"Oh that reminds me," Adelaide suddenly said as she and Peter joined the busy hallway of busy students hurrying home for the long Thanksgiving weekend.