Chapter Eighty-Seven

A/N: i was reading my old authors notes and ewwww i was such a cringey 16 y/o. even the chapters were a bit cheesy bleh.

anyway, pretty mild chapter. next one will prolly be more exciting. and chapter ninety is where shit hits the fan so im def excited about that. you miiiight hate me then haha

enjoy!

———————————————————
"And if you died,

I feel like that's on me."
———————————————————

"So that's it, you're just gonna run?" Adrian asked Schultz. They were in the warehouse. Schultz had been packing up his things. Flint was in the corner, fixing up some damage that had been done on the wing suit and listening to their conversation.

"Feds were waiting for us. Now we're on Iron Man's radar? Yeah, I'm running. You should, too," Schultz said to both Adrian and Flint.

"You know we can't do that," Adrian said, glancing over his shoulder at his partner. Flint gave him a tight nod, letting him know he was still on his side. He was too deep in this to back out now.

There was a second of silence.

"So now what?" Schultz asked.

Adrian took a deep breath. He knew he was probably going to regret this. He looked over his shoulder where Mason was standing there by his table, pretending to be busy with something.

"Mason, can you get that high-altitude seal thing up and running in time?" Adrian asked. Mason immediately looked up at the Vulture with wide eyes. His jaw dropped.

"Seriously? Yes," he breathed, "You will not regret this."

Adrian turned back to Schultz, studying him with a frown on his face.

"You in?" he asked seriously.

Schultz smirked.

—————

Peter was perched on the edge of a building not far from the ferry, holding his mask in his hands.

All the confidence he had had only a few minutes ago had plummeted to nothing. He felt like a screwup.

Suddenly, he heard Iron Man landing beside him.

"Previously on Peter Screws the Pooch: I tell you to stay away from this," Mr. Stark said, "Instead, you hacked a multimillion-dollar suit so you could sneak around behind my back doing the one thing I told you not to do."

"Is everyone okay?" Peter mumbled, staring at the mask in his lap.

"No thanks to you," Mr. Stark snapped.

This sparked anger in Peter. Who was he to say that? When he had been trying to warn him this whole time, he didn't listen. And then he just came in and saved the day and suddenly it was his fault? Sure, he could have been more careful with the ferry, but if it hadn't been for him trying to stop those weapons, things could have been a lot worse.

"No thanks to me?" he asked angrily, jumping off the ledge and walking towards Mr. Stark in his suit.

"Those weapons were out there, and I tried to tell you about it. But you didn't listen. None of this would've happened if you had just listened to me!" he said and then sighed, feeling a heavy weight over his heart, "If you even cared, you'd actually be here."

Suddenly, the suit opened and Mr. Stark stepped out.

He began angrily marching toward the teenager who took a few uncertain steps backward.