Chapter Thirty

A/N: HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THE AVENGERS: ENDGAME TRAILER?! I HAD A HEART ATTACK WHEN TONY SAID HIS OXYGEN WAS GOING TO RUN OUT. IF MARVEL KILLS HIM, THEY'RE GOING TO HAVE TO ANSWER TO ME. ALSO. HOW THE HELL DID SCOTT LANG WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DEAD SHOW UP AT THE FRONT DOOR? WHAT? I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL APRIL I NEED THE MOVIE NOWWWWWWW. AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE TITLE SKSKSKSKSKS.

I know we've all been anxiously waiting for the trailer and title to drop but know that it did, I'm sitting in the corner crying and shouting at Marvel for trying to kill me.

In other news, I only have one more week left of this semester and it's filled with final exams so wish me luck...

Since it's been a minute since we've read the last chapter, a quick recap: Adelaide got super mad at Peter for leaving her hanging and making her worried so Peter invited her to his house to help her study for her math test and as Adie was leaving, he kissed her and now things are mad awkward haha. I love confusing my characters. It makes my job so much more fun.

This chapter, admittedly, has almost nothing to do with Peter minus a couple of scenes so sorry if that's what you were expecting. I had to get something else to happen before we move into Uncle Ben's arc so here we are. And I did NOT cry while writing it, I promise.

—————————————————————————
"Let me kiss youuuu!"
—————————————————————————

The wind was howling. Through the window, Adelaide could see a white blanket rolling over the streets of Manhattan. The snow was sparkling bright enough to light the whole city and yet it looked darker than ever before.

The wind whistled again, making its presence known.

"After an anxious wait for snowfall this year, New York has seemed to have been granted its wishes. A mild blizzard is making its debut on the east coast and this snow outside is only the beginning. Hundreds of schools have been closed and thousands of employees have been trapped within their homes, the snow barricading their doors. It looks like New York is going to be off the streets today..."

"So we're all staying in today," Tony remarked, making Adelaide look away from the tv. He was in the kitchen, making himself his third cup of coffee of the morning. Adelaide glanced at the clock on the wall. Was it only 9:30? Suppressing a yawn, she pushed herself away from the window and headed into to kitchen to make a cup of coffee for herself. With extra, extra caffeine.

She had not slept at all last night. Not even for 10 minutes. Naturally, she felt exhausted this morning. She blamed Peter for it. If he hadn't...hadn't kissed her then she would have been able to sleep just fine. It was all his fault.

But you kissed him back, didn't you?

Adelaide let out a quiet sigh that Tony couldn't hear. Every time she thought about it, everything felt like a blur. One moment she was yelling at him and the next...the next she was...well...

Adelaide shook her head vigorously. Her stomach always began to feel funny every time she thought about it. She resisted the annoying urge to reach up to her tingling lips. The stubborn feeling would not go away.

"How's your beta software?" Adelaide asked, wanting to stop thinking about it.

"Still beta," Tony answered with a sigh, "Pepper locked me out of the lab."

Adelaide turned around, raising an eyebrow. It suddenly made sense why he was on his third cup of coffee at 9:30 in the morning.

"Did you spend more than 15 hours in there again?"