Chapter Thirty-Nine

A/N: Um...hi? Please don't kill me? How long as it been...a month? Wow, I feel terrible. Well, I know it's been a while but I have been through A LOT OF SHIT. Seriously, I don't even know what's going on in my own life anymore. Everything sucks and everything is a mess. Did I mention that everything sucks? I think my chakras are like in the wrong positions or something because ever since like the beginning of February, life's been throwing curveballs at me and it's been so frustrating. I've been so caught up with everything that's going on in my life, that I seriously have not had time or mental capacity to upload or even write so I'm sorry about that - didn't mean to leave you guys hanging.

It felt so refreshing to come back to this story though, not gonna lie. Adelaide is so straightforward, it's really fun writing her. Anyway, I know it's been a long while so here's some recap for y'all to jog your memory. If you need, you can always revisit the previous chapter :)

...Silently, she changed herself into her Blue Phantom alias and then turned herself invisible. Grabbing her backpack, she padded down the hall, towards his office.

...She hurried to the street where she instantly found a cab and slid inside.

..."Car chase?! Oh boy, I've nevuh had one of dese! What are we followin' him fawh?" the driver said with his heavy New York accent as he pressed the gas pedal, speeding forward.

...Adelaide...just followed him deeper into the garage, ignoring the clinking, clattering, and shouting coming from behind her. Finally, they took a turn into a hallway at the back of the garage where Adelaide assumed the workers used for their breaks.

...No one else was out here except for the four men seated around the patio table, having a smoke...They knew Coach Graves would be coming here today. They had been expecting him. Adelaide wondered if it was one of these four men that Coach Graves had been talking to on the phone yesterday.

...The woman had olive skin, short red hair and a long black coat covering her clothes. She had a nose stud and Adelaide could see the hints of a large tattoo on her wrists peeking out of her sleeves.

...Coach Graves reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a giant wad of cash, a size that she had never seen before despite living in the Stark Tower with Tony Stark himself.

...The bag was filled with a white powder.

...As her eyelids grew heavier, she realized that she was sure of one thing: Coach Graves wasn't the man he was pretending to be. And Adelaide was going to find out who he really was.

Alright so that's a quick sentence recap of the last chapter so you don't have to read the whole thing again. So now that you're all caught up with the story, time for the new chapter that took me a month to actually write...oops.

I feel terrible for ghosting out for like a month but hopefully depression doesn't hit me again lol. Thank you guys so much for bearing through it and I won't keep you from Adelaide any longer!

————————————————————

"Spider-Man's a joke."

————————————————————

"Do you have your backpack?" May shouted from the kitchen. Peter patted the backpack that was hanging off his shoulders and holding a special little suit in addition to his books.

"Yeah, I got it! Bye, May!" he shouted back, pushing open the door.

"Be safe!"

Peter closed the door behind him, rushing down the stairs. Normally, he would take the elevator to the first floor but he was already running late today and he couldn't afford to wait for the elevator to come. It was always very busy and crowded and this time of the day as people rushed to get to work on time.