Chapter Seventy-Six

A/N: Who else is ready to collapse into their bed? It really be like that sometimes :((

So this is pretty much just a filler chapter, but, in other news, I wrote the epilogue of this book and I even started a spinoff (that has no plot whatsoever) about another teenager *wink wink* if you know, you know

Anyway....long story short, I am out of control and I will write anything except for the next chapter I need to publish. I mean, I barely got this one out on time :(

Btw, look at that hottie up there *swoons*

———————————————————
"Hey, come on.

You gonna shoot at

somebody, shoot at me"
———————————————————

"DJ Flash!"

"Okay," Ned said as soon as they walked through Liz's door, "We're gonna have Spider-Man swing in, say you guys are tight, and then I get a fist bump or one of those half bro-hugs." Peter nodded, still looking around in daze. He couldn't believe he was at Liz Allen's house. It was insane.

"Can't believe you guys are at this lame party," someone said and both boys looked over to see Michelle standing there...spreading jam on a slice of toast? Who ate toast at a party?

"But you're here too," Ned argued. Michelle leaned forward, narrowing her eyes suspiciously.

"Am I?" she said. Then she took a bite of her toast without breaking eye contact and walked away.

"Oh, my gosh," someone said and Peter turned to find Liz standing there. She was laughing at something someone said to her and then she noticed them standing there. She waved and began walking towards them. His eyes went wide and he swallowed.

Be cool, be cool, be cool.

"Hey, guys," she greeted them with a smile, "Cool hat, Ned." Ned beamed.

"Hi, Liz," he said.

"Hi, Liz," Peter heard himself saying in a high-pitched, squeaky voice that he hadn't used since he was 10 years old. Thankfully, Liz didn't seem to notice.

"I'm so happy you guys came," she smiled, "There's pizza and drinks. Help yourself."

"What a great party," Peter said, his voice still ridiculously high. He cleared his throat and reminded himself that his eyes were still widened. He blinked out of it.

"Thanks," she said. They both smiled at each other awkwardly for a moment as Peter struggled to find something to say. Suddenly, there was the sound of someone breaking glass in the kitchen which caught her attention.

"Oh, I..." she started, "My parents will kill me if anything's broken. I gotta–"

"Yeah," Peter squeaked. Liz smiled.

"Have fun," she said, walking away from them.

"Bye," Ned said. Peter couldn't get his voice working to say bye too.

"Bye," she said, disappearing into the kitchen.

"Dude, what are you doing?" Ned whispered once she was out of earshot, "She's here. Spider it up."

"No," Peter said, shaking his head, "no, no. I can't...I cannot do this. Spider-Man is not a party trick, okay? Look, I'm just gonna...be myself." Ned sighed, giving him a look.