Chapter Eighty-Two

A/N: surprise update! cause we all need a little good news right now so

THIS CHAPTER IS 100% BLUE PHANTOM x SPIDER-MAN FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR IT

i thought id make this chappie a lil less depressing considering the world has decided to do that for all of us anyway. a little comedy but mostly the anticipated superhero pairing!!

————————————————————
"Wait— you were there when my mask

was...you took my mask off!"
————————————————————

Adelaide had to make use of the hoverboard sooner than she had expected.

For Peter, it was easy swinging around with his webs. However, it was harder to follow him when he was swinging around unpredictably. Luckily, she had managed to follow him to an old gas station where he was perched on a sign.

She let her hoverboard down at the base of the same sign, still invisible.

"Good evening, Adelaide," TADASHI said once she had pulled the hoodie on her suit over her head, "Congratulations on completing the rigorous Training Wheels Protocol and gaining access to your suit's full capabilities."

Adelaide rolled her eyes at the name of the protocol. Only Tony would give it a patronizing name like that.

"Thanks," she muttered.

"Detecting three individuals," TADASHI said.

Adelaide narrowed her eyes at the three dark figures sitting in a van and her suit automatically zoomed her vision through the contact lens she was wearing as a part of her suit.

"Why is their secret lair in a gas station? That's so lame," Adelaide muttered to herself under her breath and leaned forward, "What are they even doing?"

"Do you want to hear what they're saying?" TADASHI asked.

"I can hear what they're saying?" Adelaide asked in surprise.

"Activating Enhanced Reconnaissance Mode."

The vision in her contact lenses changed and she could see the figures more clearly now, through the heat signals they were emitting. She could even see who was saying what.

"I got the gauntlet from the Lagos cleanup. The rest is all my design."

"Whoa," she breathed. She could really hear them all the way from here.

"Can't believe they're still cleaning up that Triskelion mess."

"I love it. They keep making messes, we keep getting rich."

"Target inbound."

"They're in the middle of a heist," she whispered to herself, "This is awesome. Okay, I'm gonna get a little closer so I can see what's happening."

"Would you like me to engage Enhanced Combat Mode?" TADASHI asked. Adelaide paused. There was an enhanced combat mode? Hell yeah.

"Yeah," she whispered.

"Activating Instant Kill," TADASHI said.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, no. I don't want to kill anybody!" she said.

"Deactivating Instant Kill." Adelaide breathed a sigh of relief. She was going to have to be careful with that.

Suddenly, Peter leaped off the sign and shot out his web to the canopy above the gas station. Adelaide watched him as he fell flat on his face on the asphalt. What the hell was he doing? He was going to get himself killed.