Chapter Ninety-Six

A/N: THIS IS IT THIS IS IT THIS IS THE CHAPTER AHAHHAHAHHHHHHHHH

im soooooooo excited for you guys to read it ajsjshskahdbsn that's why there's no a/n just READ IT!!

————————————————————

"I even invited you to my next cocktail party!"

————————————————————

11:35 PM

Adelaide had been moved to a different room where she was hooked up to some machinery that monitored her vitals and health.

She was still unconscious, showing no signs of waking up.

They had put her through a MRI machine and done several scans on her brain to pinpoint the problem, but the scans were still being developed. Meanwhile, Lukov had assigned doctors to watch her, giving strict orders that at least one of them was to be in the room with her at all times. At the moment, there were two doctors in the room with her. The air in the room was tense. The doctors were worried that if the girl were to die, so would they.

"Blood pressure's 90/60," the doctor beside her bed said tensely.

A look of worry overcame the second doctor's face as he wrote the numbers down. Their hope that this girl would make it out alive was slowly starting to slip away. All of her vitals were pointing downward. There was just no way she could survive. She would need nothing short of a miracle.

"There has to be something," the other doctor said, studying her face. His partner shook his head with a sigh.

"I wish there was," he mumbled, "The boss is not going to be happy about this." The doctor pressed his lips into a thin line. If the boss wasn't happy, no one was happy. And if this girl didn't wake up, there was going to be a massacre here.

"It's been thirty minutes. I have to go update him on her vitals and check the scans," he sighed, dreadfully glancing at the door. He looked to his partner. "...Unless you want to go?"

"I went thirty minutes ago," he said, "It's your turn."

The doctor dropped his head and closed his eyes, letting out a short breath. Then he grabbed his papers from the table by the door and begrudgingly exited the room. The other man then walked over to the monitors, reading them again for the hundredth time in hopes that something had changed. She was starting to run out of time. And if she didn't wake up...

"Hey doctorman," someone said from behind him, "mind telling me what's going on here?"

The doctor froze for a moment, his stomach dropping down. He swallowed before turning around very slowly. Instantly, his eyes widened. It was...

Iron Man.

"FRIDAY?" Tony said.

"His name is Barron von Dyke. He has a wife and two kids. He was fired from his last job for stealing drugs."

"So, Barron," Tony said, stepping forward. Barron took shaky steps back until the back of his legs hit the bed. Fear was evident on his face. "Didn't your parents teach you that drugs are not cool? You look like you're a good guy so I'm gonna assume you were peer pressured into doing them?"

"I-I w-was getting p-paid," he stuttered. Tony sighed, shaking his head disapprovingly.

"Just when I thought we could've been friends," he said, "How's this, you tell me what's the deal with her and I'll send you an invite to my next cocktail party. I'll even have The Ono just for you. Deal?"