Chapter One Hundred Twenty-Four

A/N: hellooo

hope you all are having a lovely week so far :)

i, however, have been feeling extra single so all i can do is binge tv to fill that void which is sooo fun (note the sarcasm)

school starts next week for me and i'm honestly not ready but i also kind of am? i'll actually be able to go on campus this semester (crazy, right?) and it's gonna be super fun cause my friend and i will be carpooling and we have all the same classes. but i'm definitely going to be extra safe and wear a mask and sanitize the literal shit out of everything. even the common cold won't stand a chance 😤

also, not me having a complete mental breakdown because i can't find my ruler. the only thing get me through at this point is music. what would i be without music 🤡

anyway, so this chapter is equal parts fluffy and angsty (i know, i know, the angst came back too soon but tbh...did it? i mean it's been 24 chapters since adie died soo...) and i'm super excited for y'all to read it!!

————————————————————

"JUST OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!"

————————————————————

"Oh god, I'm so nervous," Peter breathed, pressing his hand over his stomach. "What if I pass out? I think I'm gonna pass out, Ned."

"You're not going to pass out, Peter," Ned said calmly, trying to help his best friend ask his other best friend to the Winter Dance. "Just stay up here. We'll send Adelaide up."

"What if she says no?" Peter said and Ned put his hand on his shoulder, forcing him to look at him.

"Do you honestly think Adelaide is going to say no?" he asked, "She's crazy for you."

Peter swallowed. He knew that Ned was right. It just felt impossible to wrap his mind around that. Sure, he was crazy for her. And he knew she liked him back, but what if it wasn't enough? Or what if this was too much for her and she said no?

"Okay," Peter said, taking a deep, shaky breath, "Okay, I'm ready."

"Good," Ned said, "You remember the plan, right? Viv and I are going to send her up here and we'll tell her that we need something from the roof. She'll come up here, see all the decorations and then you'll ask her. And weirdly enough, taking Flash's advice, after you ask her, leave. He said it makes girls think or something."

"Yeah, got it," Peter said, practicing breathing exercises. Was it out and then in or in and then out? Wait, how was he supposed to breathe in again?

"Hey," Ned said, making him look at him again, "Don't mess this up."

Peter paused his breathing exercises to give him a look.

"Seriously? Not helping, man," he huffed.

Ned grinned and patted his shoulder. With one last look at the way they had decorated the roof, he turned around and left through the door to go find Vivian downstairs. It was after school hours so luckily, the hallways weren't as crowded anymore.

Meanwhile, Peter had somehow been able to calm himself down and patiently waited for Ada to come up the stairs.

—————

Out of the blue, Mr. Harrington had asked her to help him reorganize the filing cabinet in his classroom and put the folders in reverse alphabetical order for some reason.