Chapter One Hundred Twenty-Two

A/N: happy New Years!

may 2021 wash away whatever the hell 2020 was and bring light and happiness back into our lives again. and i really, really hope that i can come back to this message after a year and say that it aged really well unlike my wishes when 2020 began

but i've seriously got a gut feeling that this year will be better. definitely not right away, but slowly we will recover and things will be ten times better than they were in 2019.

and last time i had a gut feeling like this, biden won the election so not saying your should believe me but 👀

hope you guys were safe and protected yesterday if you celebrated new years (unlike me who just stayed up on my phone all night and wished myself a happy nee year at like one in the morning, no New Year's kiss, no nothing)

anyway, if you're feeling single, this chapter will make you feel even more single so enjoy!

————————————————————

"To robbing Flash!"

————————————————————

"Girls, I need at least half a dozen posters done by today so we can hang them up tomorrow, alright?" Mr. Harrington said, looking between the four girls.

"We can do half a dozen, easy," Betty said.

"Yeah, at least give us a challenge," Adelaide said and Mr. Harrington rolled his eyes.

"Alright, alright, don't give me ideas," he said, turning away, "I'll be over here grading papers if you need me."

"Have fun!" Vivian called after him and he threw his hand up, waving it carelessly and the four of them bursted into a fit of giggles. The only thing Mr. Harrington was scared of more than bats was a group of teenage girls who were ready to poke fun at him any second.

"Poor guy," Adelaide chuckled, taking the blue poster from the pile of posters sitting on the cafeteria table.

The four of them — she, Vivian, Betty, and MJ — had signed up for poster duty for the Winter Dance and had agreed to stay after school to help make the posters so they could be hung up around the school tomorrow. They decided it would be a good idea to make the posters in the cafeteria since it was the only room that had tables big enough to put up to four posters on at once. Not to mention that they were hoping that if the lunch ladies saw them working hard for long enough, they might treat them with some leftover brownies from lunch earlier today.

"So I have an idea," MJ said, grabbing the blank, white poster for herself.

"What is it?" Vivian asked.

"I was thinking we might be able to make—"

"Wow, I love that idea!" Betty said and then bursted into laughter, making all of them — even MJ — laugh a little. There was something about today that they all could not, for the life of them, stop giggling every two minutes.

"Sorry, sorry," Betty chuckled as the laughter died down, "What were you saying?"

"I had this idea that we could sell plastic roses that people could buy to ask out their friends to the dance with," MJ said, "White roses for asking friends out, pink roses for asking someone more than a friend out, and red roses for those people asking their boyfriend or girlfriend out."