Chapter One Hundred Forty-Eight

A/N: happy loki day!!

so your girl has been working hard at the trailer for book two. see exhibit a:

it's all very complicated and messy right now, but i'm very happy to tell you guys that ITS FINALLY FINISHED

it's all very complicated and messy right now, but i'm very happy to tell you guys that ITS FINALLY FINISHED. obviously there's a bit more editing to do and part of the process is not looking at it for a long time but i just wanna say that I AM BARELY CONTAINING MY EXCITEMENT TO SHOW YOU ALL THE FINAL RESULT. I GENUINELY THINK THIS IS MY BEST WORK YET AHSJAKS

when i'm making edits/trailers i literally forget to eat or even get hungry or look at the time and i could just keep doing it for hours and hours and hours and never get bored. sadly, there's no job that pays you to make video edits :( but it's more fun to just do it as a hobby and hopefully i'll be making a lot more edits in book 2!

————————————————————

"What we were afraid of happened."

————————————————————

Tony and Pepper arrived at the hospital early in the morning.

The storm had died down to almost nothing and parts of the state were back on the grid, but the doctors still couldn't get ahold of O- blood for Adelaide. The hospital was back in full function, but it was eerily quiet as if death herself was wandering the halls and everyone was too afraid to speak. The only sound was from somewhere down the hall where someone was playing a hauntingly beautiful tune on a grand piano.

Everything seemed to move in slow motion like they were stuck in a dark dream in the early hours of the morning. It felt like the aftermath of a gruesome war and the whole world had been cast into dread.

Happy was sitting in one of the chairs just outside of Adelaide's hospital room. May had fought hard to stay awake, but ultimately fell asleep against Happy's shoulder as they waited for Tony and Pepper. Ned and Vivian were both wide awake and staring at the blank, white hospital wall, unblinking.

"Thank god you're here," Happy breathed in relief, when he saw Tony and Pepper entering the hall. They both looked as if they hadn't slept in two days. The billionaire looked like a zombie brought back to life. All anyone could see in his eyes was pure fear.

May startled awake at the sound of his voice and when she opened her eyes, she saw Tony and Pepper there, holding each other up. She instantly became wide awake.

"How is she?" Tony asked immediately. His voice sounded weak and strained. Happy's face grew somber at the question.

"Not good. The doctors removed the bullets, but she still needs blood urgently."