Chapter One Hundred Twenty-Six

A/N: WARNING! LOTS OF FLUFF AHEAD🚨

to make up for the angsty chapter last week, this one is extra fluffy bc i love y'all so you're welcome 🥰

i can't believe it's already been a week since my semester started. i've been so busy so quickly that time passes differently now but the only thing that hasn't changed is the fact that i still don't know what date it is but i doubt that's ever changing lol

anyway, i have to write this program that's due tomorrow and so far all i have to submit are bugs and glitches so that's fun🤡 also did i mention that these programs all add up to be 50% of my final grade? fun. a day in the life of a computer science student. pro tip: don't be a cs major

enough sob story, onto the real sob story!

————————————————————
"Is this the way you get girls to

go out with you?"
————————————————————

Adelaide woke up the next day to the sound of commotion.

She squinted her eyes, looking over at the clock hanging on the wall across from her. It was only six in the evening, but it seemed that the sun was already setting behind the city skyline outside her window.

After the doctor had come over and given her medicine for her foot yesterday, it had knocked her out and she had fallen asleep without even realizing. Regardless, she had only been planning on taking a quick nap, not actually sleeping her entire day away.

She let out a breath, looking up at the ceiling as the previous events ran through her head.

Will you shut up for two minutes! I have to tell you something important!

She inhaled shakily. The further she stayed away from him, the better. She didn't care what he wanted to tell her. Whatever it was, it probably wasn't important.

When Adelaide tried to sit up, she moved her ankle which caused her to have to bite back a scream as the pain erupted inside. She had forgotten about that. She bit her lip, trying to breathe steadily through the pain. She clutched the bedsheets and very slowly and moved into a sitting position without moving her ankle again.

Just then, there was a knock on the door and it opened.

"Hey," he smiled.

Adelaide frowned. She thought she might have still been asleep or seeing things.

"Peter?" she said, "What are you doing here?"

He let himself inside, shrugging as he looked around the bedroom.

"Well...you didn't come to school today or answer any of our texts and Happy told me you twisted your ankle so we all came over for movie night to surprise you. It took a little convincing with May but after I promised her I wasn't going on some dangerous mission with Mr. Stark, she let me come over," he said, taking a seat at the foot of her bed. He glanced down at where her feet were under the comforter. "How's your foot?"

"Um, not that great," she admitted, "It still hurts if I move it. But hey...when you said we all...you didn't mean the whole school or something, right?"

Peter smiled, "Yeah, our entire class is waiting in your living room."

"Okay, I think you're joking," she said, studying his face and he laughed. A moment of silence passed over them and Peter looked around, realizing that this was the first time that he had been in her room. He spot a little vase on her bedside table, holding three roses; a white one, a pink one, and a red on. He smiled to himself.