Breathe

...

Imagine for theonewhoisnamed , hope you like it. xx

...

"I don't know." I say softly, looking out into the hallway to check for my aunt before softly closing the door behind me. "She's barely over the fact that I got a B on my midterm paper." I tell him, moving my books out of the way to sit down on my bed.

"Was it bad?" Isaac asks after a second and I sigh, tracing my fingers under my eye where there should be a completely healed bruise by now.

"It's been worse." I answer quickly and he sighs on his end, knowing by now that I wouldn't tell him if it actually were bad. "I'm fine Isaac, besides it would be much worse without the whole werewolf thing." I add, looking up when the front door shuts.

"Was that her?" Isaac asks, the tone of his voice tense. I sigh, jumping up from the bed, pulling the curtain open slightly to see her driving out of the driveway. I smile softly.

"Looks like I've got the house to myself for a few hours." I tell him and hold the phone between my shoulder and my ear as I bend forward to pull my boots on.

"So, does that mean you'll help us out tonight?" Isaac asks not missing a beat, I smile again as I stand up to grab my jacket.

"Yes, and it also means that the whole lot of you can climb down from the roof and meet me at the front door like normal people." I say, Isaac's little laugh in the background as I end the call, the sounds of multiple footsteps on the roof following me as I make my way to the door.

"Why don't I get to be on the roof?" I hear Stiles ask as I open the door, pulling my jacket on at the same time.

"You know why." Derek tells him with a cold look causing Stiles to give an overreacting eyeroll.

"You fall down one time and you're labelled a fallrisk." Stiles notes waving a hand around as his other hand pulls at his plaid shirt.

"It was not one time." Derek replies very quickly becoming annoyed. "It was three times, and it was but minutes apart." He adds and lifts a warning brow when Stiles moves to pretest.

"Good evening boys." I interject before the little spat could continue. Isaac and Scott look over to me with small smile and apologetic eyes as Derek and Stiles continue to stare each other down. "Derek." I note, making him give Stiles one more warning gaze before locking eyes with me.

"Zoya." He replies in the same tone after a moment, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his leather jacket without breaking eye contact for even a second. "You look good." He says simply, looking me over quickly before meeting my eyes again.

"As do you." I say and he nods slowly, eyes raking over my face quickly before turning to Scott who is probably waiting for a moment to explain the plan. I smile to myself as I reach behind me to close the door.

"Stiles was listening to his dad's police radio and there seems to be another body somewhere in the woods." Scott explains and I furrow my brows at the very vague explanation.

"Is it a werewolf body? The body of someone who was murdered by a werewolf? A hunter? The body of another human sacrifice victim?" I ask, looking between all of them, their blank expressions making it clear that they don't have an answer to my question.

"Does it matter?" Scott offers carefully and I scoff softly before nodding.

"Yes, it matters, if we're trying to protect Beacon Hills from supernatural killers and therefore have to find this here dead person in order to do that then I'm with you. But if we're just going on a little scavenger hunt that's actually someone else's job, then I'd like to inform you all that it's very cold out here and I'm going back inside." I say, pulling my jacket tighter against my body to emphasize my point.