I dare you.

deeluvjacksepticeye  Okay so I have done a request like this quite a few times so I hope you like it.

..

"There is no way I am doing that." Lydia and Alison don't reply as they stare at the three people sitting at the table across from us. 

Typical isn't it, the one time I actually open up to them and they use it against me. I am a hard girl to please, I'll admit that but when I saw him for the first time all possible boxes were checked. He was handsome, he was a good friend for the people I love and even though I had never had a physical conversation with him, he seems like a nice guy.  Despite all of that I have no sort of crush like feelings whatsoever, in fact he doesn't even have an idea of who I am. 

So back to the present. It is the last week of summer vacation and the three of us decided to spend the day at the mall, we did some window shopping and saw a movie too. Before we go home Lydia wanted to try the milkshake at the little cafe called 'Coffee kisses' which is seriously very overrated. 

"Come on, he is an asshole who never gets any action, humor him." Lydia nudges my arm while sipping from her drink. Alison clears her throat and quickly looks away when Scott sees her. 

"He is also not a very good guy, it might not be the best idea." Alison uncomfortably fixes her hair. "Plus Scott doesn't like him very much so.."

"He likes him enough to have lunch with him in the middle of the day." Lydia snaps and silence builds soon after. 

I ignore the tension and turn my body to face the table of people in question. This could be the beginning you know. I could actually get to know him after this. Who knows, maybe he isn't just a hot guy who is upset with the world. Yeah he is definitely just a hot guy upset with the world but I mean why not. 

I push myself back in my chair and walk over to their table. They look up at me surprised. "So you're done staring." Stiles asks and Scott elbows him. Rolling my eyes I turn my attention to one person only but his attention seemed to be on me first. He smiles as I stare at him in silence. 

"Can I get your number, keep in mind that this is a dare and I have no intentions of using it."

Derek sets his mug down on the table and stands up from his chair. Our bodies are a little closer than comfort would allow but he does not seem to care.  "What is your name."

I can feel the eyes of both his friends and mine burning my flesh. "Deanna."  He smiles.

"Very well Deanna, I am Derek. I'll give you my number, on one condition." He reaches into his pocket and takes out a pen and then gently takes my hand from my side. The point of the pen tickles my skin as he writes the numbers. He smiles widely. "You have to use it."

My cheeks heat up as I am sure redness spreads. Okay I can do this. So a hot guy who happens to be older than me just gave me his number and sure he wants me to use it but that does not mean I should go soft and act like some sort of idiot. Just play it cool. 

I rip my hand from his grip. "We'll see." He smiles and I step back. I look past him to see the faces of Scott and Stiles. Their mouths form large smiles and they almost jump when they notice me staring. "Goodbye boys." 

I turn to walk away when the doors of the cafe swing open. Four men with black masks walk into the room, their hands hold onto large guns that are pointed forward. My heart stops as realization sets in. 

Their lips move but my ears sense no sound. People around me fall to the ground. Why can't I move. My legs fail from beneath me as a strong force pulls me to the ground. His flawless face meets mine as I'm buried between his arms. 

Once again I see him trying to speak and my lips part as I attempt to speak as well but no words leave my quivering lips. How is this for fear controlling actions. Derek doesn't say anything else instead he pulls me even closer, he pushes the hair away from my face. He places his hands over my ears, if the shock eased I would hear again, now a little less thanks to Derek. 

Time seems to freeze as everything around me flashes like speckles of light, I never knew what it would be like if I ended up in a situation like this, I never knew what it would feel like to be this scared and this useless. The screams around me sound like shattered whispers and the warning shots like broken lighting bolts hitting the air.  Somehow in all of this Derek makes me feel safe. I don't know him and he doesn't know me but in this messed up moment I would not be in the arms of anybody else. 

In the madness police sirens start to sound and surround the mall but it seems to late. I look up from Dereks' chest and see Alison and Lydia fighting two of the men and Scott another but Scott, he is something else, literally. Glowing eyes, hairy face and I kid you not he has knife sharp claws slicing through the flesh of the attackers. Alison is fighting off a man with knifes and Lydia she is somehow using her voice. Normally I would freak, I mean what the hell are they?  

I turn back to Derek just as Sheriff Stilinski bursts into the room, he shoots the last two men standing and the panic in the room dies. Derek smiles down at me and for a split second I swear I see his eyes shift form color. "Are you okay." His voice is calm and low. I nod in his arms, not trusting myself to speak. We both look around as the customers are helped outside. 

...

"Big bad Derek Hale lands himself a girl and all else seems less important ." Derek punches Scott on the arm almost causing him to lose balance. As I walk even closer towards the group standing at the entrance of the mall, I see them hover for a second before leaving. 

Derek turns around as soon as I reach him. 

"Thank you." I fold my arms. His face, it shows such smug emotion but it isn't irritating, no it's attractive, very much so. I look away the minute he sees me staring. My eyes graze over my friends. What they did in there, what some of them were. 

"I know it looks strange and alarming but they're still your friends and you can still trust them."

"And you, can I trust you? I saw your eyes, they shifted as well. " He doesn't say anything instead he closes his eyes and when he opens them orbs of red shine from his features. 

"If you didn't trust me you wouldn't be standing here. It was nice meeting you Deanna and I am glad you're safe." He glances down at my hand tucked under my arms. "Call me."

...

Hi guys.. okay first authors note in a long time.. I am honestly struggling with what is left of the request.. so if you are still waiting on your imagine and you want it to get done a little sooner feel free to send in extra detail, if not then please be patient.. 

Love.

M.