All I got for Christmas was you

I walked down the fourth flight of stairs and looked up to check if anyone was coming down. I leaned against the wall to catch my breath as the hall lights flickered. Of course no one was coming, it was two in the morning and it was the night before Christmas. Everyone was already in bed, dreaming of the perfect day tomorrow would be, except me. No my shift had only ended about twenty minutes ago.

"Are you okay dear?" Mr. Patel, the building superintendent stood a few steps beneath me with a mop in his hands, I hadn't seen him approach.

"I'm fine Mr. Patel, just very tired." He smiled and offered me one of his home made Christmas cards. I looked down at the little Santa Clause that he must've drawn himself. "Thank you." He shrugged and we both started walking.

"Don't mention it. So do you have any plans for tomorrow?" I sighed as we took on more steps towards my apartment.

"I feel like telling people I'm going to watch sad movies and re-watch TV shows on Netflix all day might make them pity me." We stood still at my door. "In fact, if Derek Hale was next to my tree with a red bow on his head, I'd be pretty damn pleased. "

"It could be interesting." He shook his head like he had thought about it. "Except, I hear Santa has a no return policy."

"I don't see the problem with that either." He laughed before he walked away, he mumbled 'merry Christmas' as he did so.

I stuffed the card into my purse as I searched for my keys. The little silver object slid right into the slot and the door unlocked. The wooden frame stuck a little, like it always did but it opened smoothly after I almost threw myself at it. I was met with distorted darkness as I walked into the little apartment and it remained dark even after I attempted flipping the switch beside the door.

The little battery controlled fairy lights on my thirty centimeter Christmas tree created the only shimmer of light. I had been so busy with work that I must've forgotten to pay the electricity bill. Oh this holiday couldn't get any better, could it?

I have no plans for Christmas which is but a few hours away. I'm an entire ocean away from my family and friends. My dumbass boyfriend dumped me. My cat doesn't like me and I have no electricity.

Everything is just dandy.

...

I swear I was going to lose it. There better be an intruder in my apartment, because if I woke up this early and my cat knocked over the tree I was putting her up for adoption. My eyes burned when I walked past the potentially useless curtains. I rubbed the sleep from my eyelashes and focused on the tree.

Oh damn.

There was a man sitting oddly still next to the tree in my 'living room'. A very sexy man. With intoxicating green eyes and godly features, with a body basically begging to burst out of that tee shirt. The large red bow hid a large part of his head but man does it look good.

His head lifted up slowly as he looked up from the ground. He sighed. "Look who finally woke up." My eyes narrowed and I unintentionally tried to fix my hair. He laughed. "Your hair looks fine, don't worry."

I blushed. Like some sort of idiot, I felt my cheeks as they warmed up. I needed to control myself. I walked closer and stopped in front of him. I left an arms-length between us and stuck my hand out. "I'm Y/n." He took my hand and squeezed it gently. This is all kinds of strange and I'm guessing once he introduces himself it might get stranger. He smiled.

"Derek and I already know who you are." I nodded and a few seconds of total awkwardness filled the already stiff air. He cleared his throat. "Nice shirt." I only now noticed the innocence in his voice. I looked down at my clothes and mentally kicked myself. The AC/DC shirt was roughly tucked into my shorts that gave a new meaning to shorts in total. I was swaying back and forth on my feet and the action caused him to look down at the red and white socks that ended under my knees. He smiled, again. "The reindeer are cute too." A relaxed giggle formed in my throat.

"Thank you." He watched me mindfully and it was adorable in a way. He seemed about just as confused as I was, confused as to why he's here. "I'm sorry , I'm not sure what to do here." I folded my arms over my chest.

"Well." He slowly removed the ribbon from his head and placed it down next to the tree. It messed up his hair but thanks to my awful brain it ended up looking oddly hot. He tilted his head and a soft smirk pulled at his lips. He continued by even pulling off his jacket and throwing it into my arms. "You could unwrap your present."

My lip felt numb between my teeth. The more I looked at him, the better my idea of Christmas got. This whole scenario seemed completely insane, but I could keep dwelling on the madness or I could make the best of it. I pulled his jacket over my shoulders and slid my arms into the sleeves. His cologne was strong but heavenly and it smelled amazing as the overly large jacket hugged my body. "Or we could run out into the freezing cold and build snowmen at the butt-crack of dawn." He started laughing and it ended up being very contagious. He finally stood up and he was a lot closer to me than I though he'd be.

"That sounds even better. Oh and Y/n." He grabbed my arm when I started backing up and smiled when he pulled a little branch of mistletoe out of his pants pocket. "Merry Christmas."

...

I saw this writing prompt on Wordpress and I wanted to try it out, although I might've lost the original idea somewhere in the middle. Anyway, I really like this one even though it is quite short. Also, leave it to Bowling for soup to make me rock out to Christmas songs, if you're looking to add some fun to your plans I completely recommend listening to the album at the top.

Speaking of

Speaking of..

Merry Christmas, I hope you all have a lovely day with your family and friends. Everyone loves receiving presents but remember Christmas is the time for giving. Be kind, spread joy, and more than anything remember to share love.

It's 00:50 where I live, so I'm going to bed

It's 00:50 where I live, so I'm going to bed. Waking upto a bunch of votes and comments would totally make my day.

 Waking upto a bunch of  votes and comments would totally make my day

Merry Christmas and happy holidays.

Monique.. xx