Loving Miki

@Band_Geek_TW  enjoy sweetie..

Word count: 2328

...

It was around midnight when Mikayla received a call from her younger brother Scott. It had been a few days since they left for Mexico. Despite fighting with all her might she had been left in the little town of Beacon Hills while her brother and his friends went to find her fiance.

It was all a blur after that. She knew there was some sort of catch to their sudden arrival. Derek had gone missing and before long he had been found and now as she drives the longest road ever to the animal clinic she can't fight the feeling that there is something even more wrong than before.

When her car pulls up in front of the crooked wired gates her heart stops. Its the look in their eyes that speaks volumes. The way neither Scott or Stiles looked at her directly. The way the car beside them left hurried scuff marks in the mud.

Her legs moved without total consent as she walked towards the boys. Stiles scratched his head while waiting for Scott to explain what was in fact wrong. Although she wouldn't want to hear a word they said. She only wanted certainty in his presence. So she didn't listen, she left.

She walked into the clinic and it was like the world stopped turning. The person on the table was not the man she had expected to see, it wasn't the man whom she was going to marry in a few months.

It was a kid. Probably only a few years younger than her brother. His chest barely moving. Eyes tightly shut. Body trembling in the cold. She didn't have to ask though. She knew in some twisted manner of being that the teenage boy on the metal table was in fact Derek Hale.

But even if she knew. Even if seeing him alive brought her slight relieve, it didn't stop the tears. It didn't release the disappointment. It didn't prevent the fear.

She made her last steps towards Deaton and Lydia as they stood hovering over the young wolf. Where does one even start to come to terms with what your eyes see.

"Can you fix it ?" It was a forced sentence to begin with and the shifting of a restless body made it harder. She wanted so badly to see him again, in fact she counted the seconds until she could and even now when he lays before her, it is still not him.

There was an unnerving stillness after she asked and it only confirmed a suspicion she had. They don't know what is wrong with him, that is shown by the uncertainty in even Deaton's features. They can't solve a problem without a cause.

"He isn't in any danger right now. Mikayla would you like to stay with him through the night, give the other some time to rest?" Deaton spoke carefully and slowly, which was normal. No one knew what Mikayla's reaction would be.

It took but a second for a choice to be made and with a shake of her head she left the room and stormed away from everything in it with her brother following short after.

..

The weights drop to the floor and a tired Mikayla follows soon after. Every muscle in her body aches but it is worth it. The more her body hurts- the less her heart hurts. How ironic. She used to work out to better herself for Derek and now. Well she can't explain what she is doing now, without sounding a little crazy.

Her phone phone vibrates on the coffee table signaling yet another text from either Scott or Stiles. She read the first few. It was all updates about the whole Derek situation. At first he was awake and raging and then he was on the run and soon after they found him at the police station after he trespassed by going to the Hale house. All being caused by his memory loss of the last few years. Including his bride to be.