Duh

For explicitmindlp , enjoy love.

...

Fabiana pov.

I turn the key to the right locking up the bar. My part time job at Ben's Barbecue Bar turned into a permanent management position when Deucalion murdered everyone in the bar to prove a point. Anyway, so it's now my responsibility to lock up every night. My phone vibrates and I pull it out of my pocket, a text from Scott pops up on the screen.

Scotty

''Hey Fabs, want to come over later, the pack is having a meeting with Derek and we would like you to come as well.

My house at seven. See ya. ''

I signal a taxi over [let us just pretend there are taxis in Beacon Hills] before texting back.

Me

''Sure Scotty I'll be there soon.''

It is kind of cute actually. A week ago, I overheard Stiles and Lydia talking about Scott and they said he had a crush on me. Which makes sense cause he is always so nervous around me, he is always laughing at stupid jokes I make and he is always blushing like crazy when I hug him.

All be it sweet, I kind of have my heart set on another guy. He is not your typical crush material though. He does not have a laugh worth a million bucks, in fact he rarely laughs at all. He is rather handsome, but not the obvious kind of handsome. He acts all cold and mean when he is around people, but I know that somewhere behind that whole tough guy demeanor, he is actually a great guy with a heart of gold.

There was a time we would spend almost every day together. We were inseparable. That was until Scott and I became friends. He became very distant. Obviously I knew Derek and I would never be more than friends but he still meant a lot to me. But now I only see him when the Hale pack and the McCall pack have meetings together.

Which is why I didn't think twice before accepting Scott's offer. Call me a stalker or whatever but I would take any opportunity be around him for even a little while. I miss the big idiot like crazy and whatever his reason for avoiding me is, it is not an excuse for him to just forget about our friendship.

...

Derek pov.

''Scott I swear if you ate the last doughnut again, I am going to kill you.'' I state walking into the living room where the two packs are already sitting comfortably. We are all waiting for her to show up. Which of course is why Scott is so nervous, he is scared she stood us up. She would never do that but it is fun to see the guy sweat.

''Okay I am here, sorry I am late I stopped at grannies to pick up some cupcakes since I knew Scott already ate whatever Isaac bought .'' Fabiana walks into the house and I have to stop myself from smiling like an idiot. She changed her hair since the last meeting, it is darker which looks really good on her.

''I didn't eat the last doughnut okay !'' Scott groans as she sets the box of cupcakes down on the coffee table. Everybody laughs lightly and she smiles. Our eyes meet for a brief second when she smiles at me and mouths a 'hi' before she sits down next to Scott grabbing the cupcake out of his hand. Scott tries to grab it back but instead of pulling it away from him she lifts her hand and as soon as he leans forward to grab it again his face goes right into the frosting. The room fills with laughter. I smile, not because of what happened but because of the cute smirk on Fabiana's face.

It kills me not being able to see her anymore but it is the right thing to do. I know Scott has a crush on her and I consider him a friend, so it would be wrong of me to act on the feelings I have for Fabiana. I am a little lost though. I am the one avoiding her and yet every time I see her with him I want to do some very awful things to Scott.

By the end of the meeting I was ready to forget all about doing the right thing. I didn't hear much of what anybody said, all I could do was think about her and look at her and every time she spoke it was like I was listening to some beautiful symphony. Even though I hated to admit it I wanted her to be mine.

When everyone was done talking I got up and stormed out of the house making sure I didn't do or say something to her I'd regret. My car jumped to life as I turned the key but before I could take of there is a knock at the window and there she is.

I swallow hard while turning down the window. She frowns and pulls the door open forcing me to get out and face her. I shut the door behind me and sigh. ''You are avoiding me Derek.'' She says folding her arms. ''Don't deny it Der. I haven't seen you in a week and even when we're together in the same room for two hours you don't say a word and then you leave as soon as possible. Did I do something wrong? I mean are you avoiding me because you are mad at me?'' Her voice is soft and shaky. She is not angry or anything, she sounds hurt and it is killing me.

''Scott has a crush on you.''

''I know but wha-''

''Scott has a crush on you and as his friend I decided the best thing to do is get some space from you since. Well since I like you too.'' She looks up from her shoes and her reaction is very different from what I expected. There is a little sparkle in her eye that wasn't there before. Her shoulders has relaxed a little and her hands are loose and hanging in front of her as she fiddles with her fingers.

''You are such an idiot Derek Hale.'' She smiles and I  lift my eyebrow in confusion. '' So even with all the werewolf senses and all, you couldn't see it?''

'' See what?'' She giggles.

''I hate pack meetings, in fact I am not even part of the packs and yet I show up to every stupid and completely boring meeting.''She giggles. '' This last month has been horrible without you, so horrible that I must look for any possible excuse to see you.'' She blushes a little and I can't help but smile.

''So uh, so you don't like Scott?'' I ask and she smiles.

''No I do not, in fact I have taken quite a liking to another werewolf.''

''You are talking about me right ? Cause if not that would be an awful way to get your friend back.'' She laughs and this time I allow the stupid smile to form on my lips.

''That is okay, Scott rather likes being my friend.''

''Ah well I guess I'll have to find something else to be. What do you think of being my girlfriend instead?'' Her cheeky smirk disappears from her face and she looks down at the ground trying to hide the little blush on her cheeks that I noticed the minute it appeared. I lift her chin lightly with two of my fingers. ''Fabiana would you like to go on a date with me.'' She smiles.

''Duh.''

...

xoxo.. M