Dr. Hale

Requested by Lost-Souls- , enjoy Lia.

...

No one likes being sick. You were no exception to the fact. Being sick made you feel weak and crappy. So imagine your disappointment when a bad bowl of soup from a local restaurant causes you to spend most of your night in your bathroom.

...

The long night passed and much to your torture your stomach was still a little mixed up.

Knowing that Saturday was always movie day with Derek you called him as soon as you woke up telling him to postpone the day because of your case of the sniffles.

After forcing yourself out of bed you tied your hair up into a ponytail and changed into a new pair of pj's. You brushed your teeth once again and tried to drink some water.

Along with the permanent urge to throw up, your body was aching from the stomach bug, an awful fever followed. Of course you had some medicine at hand and it was suppose to start working in about a few hours.

An unproductive day ahead, you settled underneath the blankets on your now quite lonely bed. Derek sent a few texts. Telling you to call him if you need anything and him wishing you luck and hoping you get better soon. 

With your luck you were the only one to get sick from the food. Your parents and siblings were perfectly fine and was going about their day leaving you alone at home. How very considerate of them.

Your stomach rumbles as an awful taste builds up in your throat. You jump up from the bed and storm into the bathroom. This part makes you sort of happy no one is here to hear you. You wash your mouth, almost swallowing the mouth wash. Truly hoping this is your last visit to these four walls.

Exiting the bathroom you make your way over to the front door where the bell just rang. You pull your shirt straight and push the fuzzy baby hair behind your ears before opening the door.

Derek.

His chest is hidden behind two large paper bags but his smile is as large as both. The sight of your boyfriend both excites and scares you. Spending this awful day with him would be the best kind of medicine  but having him see you like this would take away all the mystery in the relationship.

"Hey princess." He greets using a nickname he has never used before. You attempt a smile and he steps into the house. That taste, that awfully unpleasant taste again. Covering your mouth  with your hand you turn around and run into the bathroom once again, probably leaving behind a rather confused Derek. Managing to lock the door on your way, you  bend over the toilet.

You repeat the process of washing your mouth and fixing your clothes. Although this time you really don't want to walk out of that door. Derek lightly knocks on the white wood. "Lia." He says softly. You shift on the counter where you've made yourself comfortable. "Come on babe, open up so I can know you're okay." You fold your legs in front of you. "I'm okay." You whisper knowing if you spoke normally Derek would know you were lying.

"Okay then come out." You shake your head but then realize he can't see you.

"No." You reply. Derek sighs loudly.

"Why not Lia." He's voice is sweet and caring not frustrated like you'd expect.

"I'm ughi. " Derek doesn't make a sound making it quite obvious he's either smiling or he left.

"Oh my love I want to see you even if you look.. ughi." You smile. "Come out now I've got a surprise for you."

Giving in you stride over to the door and open it slowly. A large smile forms on your lips at the sight of Derek rocking the black rim glasses without lenses you bought him. "Dr. Hale will see you now." He jokes and you giggle stepping forward and leaning into Derek's chest. He wraps his arms around you. "How do you feel ?" He asks pulling away. You frown. Derek kisses your forehead and then picks up one of the bags behind him. "Let's get you in bed." He suggests and takes your hand leading you to your bedroom. Once in bed Derek tucks you in and fluffs your pillows making sure you were comfortably. He fiddles in the bag and pulls out another smaller bag. In the bag was a bottle of medicine , two boxes of pills, chewing gum, a bottle of water and lip-balm.

Derek slowly sat down next to you. "You're dehydrated and you have a fever. This will help with the fever but you need to drink something." He screws open the medicine and pours the brown liquid into a spoon. You scrunch up your nose but open your mouth regardless. Derek pops the spoon in your mouth and your entire face twists into an awful expression as you grimace at the taste. Derek smiles. "I know babe, but it'll make you feel better." He closes the medicine and places it on your night stand before giving you the water bottle. You take a few sips from the bottle buy the pure thought of consuming something else make you nauseous and you close the bottle and put in where the medicine is.

Derek stands up from the bed and walks over to the other side. He removes his shoes and then he moves underneath the blankets. You snuggle tightly against him. He wraps his arms around you and you almost immediately start feeling his warmth.

He looks down at you and kisses you lightly on the lips. "Get some sleep Lia." You lean forward and kiss him again.

"Yes doc." You whisper and then nuzzle you head in the crook of his neck. Derek draws little patterns on your back as your eyes start to grow heavy.

The day was going well so far. Yes you were still feeling pretty crappy. Your stomach was cramping. Every muscle in your body was aching. But Derek was there. He held you so lovingly, placing a kiss on you forehead every time you moved. You were peacefully asleep in his arms. And he was peacefully enjoying being this close to you.

He was starting to fall asleep himself when a sudden jump from you startled him. You ran into the bathroom as fast as you could completely forgetting to close the door.

You bent over in awful pain as the last bit of your sickness leaves your body. Derek appears behind you and sits down next to you. With his one hand he lifts your hair up from your face that came loose while sleeping, while the other moves up and down your back soothing you. He whispered little calming words as your pain came to an end.

Starring up at Derek the only thoughts running through your head are joy. Not pain or discuss at what you were doing. Just complete and utter joy for having him here with you in the time you needed him the most.

"I love you." You turn around to face him and he uses a wet cloth to wipe your sweaty face.

"I love you too." Derek takes you back to bed and repeats the same process as earlier before the both of you fell asleep.

...

The daylight shone into your room as the window was left exposed when you didn't close your curtains the night before. Your eyes open slowly. Trying to move you realize you're being held back my something or rather someone. Derek's head rest against yours as he snores lightly. Not wanting to wake him up by moving you lightly kiss his chin. He groans and then opens his eyes.

"Hey." You whisper. He smiles sensing the difference in your tone.

"Hey." He copies.

"Thank you for taking care of me."

"What are boyfriends for. Do you feel better?" You nod in reply and Derek wipes a strand of hair behind your ear like he always does.

You lean over him slightly reaching for the glasses on his bed side table and then put them on yourself. Derek looks at you amused. "Do I look hot ??" You ask with a giggle. Instead of answering he rolls over and hovers over you as he places kisses all over your face and neck making you giggle even more.

...

xoxo.. M