Fragile. Theo

For neonblue98 .

...

Your pov.

His mouth moves up and down like an angry dog barking at his owner. His hands moving in the air like he is viciously trying to swot a fly. His eyes scrunched up like he is looking at something that is miles away. Maybe I am. Maybe I want to be.

I knew going into this that Theo would never be the normal boyfriend. I did not expect him to buy me flowers just because. Tell me he loves me whenever he had the chance. Take me on dates. Stand up for my honor to the Dread Doctors.

I was fine with giving up the relationship I knew I wanted, to be with the guy I never pictured myself being with. All I wanted in the end was for him to stop handling me like an enemy. To trust me. Not question everything I do. Believe me when I tell him he is the only one I love.

But for Theo even that was to much to ask..

He is yelling again. Accusing me of cheating on him with Isaac. Calling me awful names. Making me feel about the size of an ant.

He always does this. Every time I think we are doing good he freaks out about the smallest little thing.

It is different this time. I arrived home from the airport and found him on the couch drinking from a whiskey bottle he probably snatched from the Doctors. No hello or I've missed you. I barely had time to set down my bags before he started yelling.

I could shout back. Accuse him of being a heartless abomination who never fails at destroying the happiness I have. Slap him across the face for acting the way he did. Treat him as a child and give him a time out until he is sober. Let the tears flow like the water from the Niagara falls.

Or I could just leave.

I do not have to stand here and take this. Be treated like a monster. Theo does not have control over me. He can't decide who I'm friends with. Force me to be his and only his. I am not some piece of merchandise to be fought over.

He turns away from me. Not changing the tone of his voice. Not delaying the movement of his hands. "Stop." The mere presence of my voice brings his little tantrum to a halt. He looks up at me the rage in his actions turning to confusion. "I'm leaving now, don't follow me." He wants to debate but I simply shut out the words leaving his lips. I grab my bag and walk away.

..

Theo's pov

She left this time. I don't even remember half of what I said to her. I'm such a fool. I sigh walking over to one of the Dread Doctors, I've named him Leo without his approval. He ignores my presence and continues fiddling with some syringes.

"I know what you're thinking Leo. It is my fault. I keep finding reasons to fight with her. Maybe I hope she'll leave for good. She is going to leave me sooner or later. She has to. She has to know that I'm no good for her. Why doesn't she see that." I sigh in frustration throwing my hands in the air. Leo shoots a look my way and I improvise by turning his silence into the question I wanted him to ask me.

"Yes Leo of course I love her. She is my world. Every slight fragment of good of me is there because of her. I love her so much that sometimes it hurts. It hurts knowing my selfish feelings for her might cause her harm one day."

I can't help but think back. I turn my gaze back to Leo.

"You know I still remember the first time I was at her house. She had the flue and I had to cut our date short and take her home. She fell asleep in the car. But with some struggle I managed to get into the house without waking the sleeping girl in my arms. I placed her down on the couch and kissed her freezing forehead. Halfway out the door I heard the clatter of her teeth. I should have left but everything about her was so intoxicating. The way she laid so peacefully. So fragile, like a porcelain doll, like the slightest touch could shatter her into a million pieces. I knew what would happen if I stayed. I could already feel myself slipping. But I wanted more. I needed to be near her. Like a junky meth user, I was addicted to her; her scent and her touch, her breath against my lips, to the way she made me feel."

The mention of her scent triggers my senses. The smell of vanilla and roses lingers in the room, the scent so comfortable, sifting through the air like it's been here forever. I didn't even hear her come in.

"What happens next.." Her voice is so soft I barely hear it over the hyperactive beating of my heart, pounding in my chest as if yelling at me to go to her. I turn my body to face her. She is soaking wet as her umbrella hangs from her fingers.

"I sit down next to her. I move the loose strands of hair away from her face and gently, hmm oh so gently pull her into my arms. She nuzzles her little nose into my chest and her coldness combined with the powerful warmth of her love comforts me. She's real, I whisper to myself over and over, the reality of her closeness not being enough to convince me that she isn't just a figment of my imagination." She swallows, the skin around her neck tightening. The umbrella drops from her hold.

"I'm not fragile. I'm not leaving. And I am real." One for one her words set free every fear I've had. "No more fights, no more yelling and accusing. Just let me be your girlfriend for once without you trying to sabotage it." I nod. My lips move up and down but no words fill the silence. She nods in return.

"I'm sorry.." I blurt out and her head snaps up from her feet. Emotion floods her face, I'm not sure if it's confusion caused by my first apology or sadness.

"I don't want to hear you say that again. Please. Not ever." She steps forward. Her small hands form around my face and she pulls me forward into a kiss. Even after the kiss ends we don't move so much as an inch. Our lips linger away from one another. My hands carefully caressing her exposed arms. "You are dangerous. I've known that since I met you. But I don't care. I never have. Doesn't matter who you are or which side you are on, you are all I need. I'm not fragile Theo. But if you leave me, if you go I will break and I-" Tears form in her eyes and I cut her off by pulling her into my arms.

"No more crying either okay. You are all I need too you kno, but more than that." She pulls away and so do I. I gently fold my hands over her cheeks. "You're all I have.."

....

xoxo.. M