First sight

This one was requested by LeahHollyWalker , enjoy.

...

The story of Derek's true love has been told over and over again. The story of a girl whom he loved so completely that it took over his life. The girl who loved him with everything in her despite what she knew he was. This is that girl's story. This is your story.

Not different from most love stories this story starts with a boy and a girl. Derek Hale being the tough, extremely good looking basketball player and Y/n Y/l/n the shy girl who loves classical music and plays the cello, who is beautiful in her own way. Two people who couldn't be more different but somehow the perfect fit  but let's not get ahead of ourselves for every story must start at the beginning.

...

Y/n sits comfortably in the music room gently strumming the strings of her cello, the sound of the metronome ticking in the background. Unlike other days her practice session is not peaceful nor is it quiet, for the ticking of the metronome is not the only background sound.

The bouncing of what could only be a basketball on the tile flooring in the hallway annoys her to no end. She picks up her bow one more time in an attempt to practice her piece but yet again the pitter patter of the bouncing ball echoes through the empty hallways. She sighs placing her bow down and resting her cello against the chair. Annoyed she storms out into the hall.

"Hey do you guys mind, I'm trying to practice in here." She shouts over to the boy who is standing with his back facing her, still bouncing the basketball while talking to his friends. The boy turns around at the sound of her voice.

She gets distracted by his beautiful features for a mere second before his voice snaps her out of her daze. "So are we." He states earning a chorus of "ohh's" and "ahh's" from the boys behind him. She looks over at the boy examining his smug smile.

"See I was practicing in the music room and as far as I know basketball practice takes place in the gym." The boy looks at his friends and then back at her.

"Actually practice takes place wherever there is a basketball." He dribbles the ball while walking towards her. "See.."

She sighs out of frustration and then turns around getting ready to leave. "Hey hold on, hold on." The boy says and she turns around to hear him out. "Tell you what, if you can take the ball from me then maybe I'll stop." He bargains starting to dribble the ball. "Come on, it'll be easy." She steps forward attempting to take the ball from his hands but he steps back and his friends laugh.

She tries once again but fails. Realizing this is a waist of time she stops trying and walks back into the music room. The boy stares at the door she disappeared into. "Come on lover boy." His friends say as they walk away leaving him alone with his thoughts.

Y/n once again takes her cello and once again attempts to practice her piece. "Hey.." she looks up at the door momentarily to see who the voice belongs to, before bringing her attention back to the page covered in music notes.

The boy walks into the room. "Look I'm sorry about that." He says and she looks at him a little shocked.

"Whatever.."