Old habits die hard

"This is a stupid plan." Derek groans readjusting himself in the front seat. I look away from the house and smile at the irritation in his eyes.

"Because it's not your plan?" I question with a raised eyebrow and he pulls a face to mock me.

"No." He starts taking a sip from my milkshake and ignoring my hand trying to stop him from doing so. "It's a stupid plan because it's a stupid plan." He ends and I laugh softly, pulling my legs onto the seat and folding them under me.

"It's a good plan, Derek. We keep an eye on Jackson from here and no one has to die while Scott tries to figure out how to help him." I say glancing back at Jackson's house.

"It'd be easier to kill him." He retorts with a shrug and I smile over at him when he stares at me blankly.

"You can't kill all of your problems." I say taking my milkshake from his hands and sipping at it.

"I can try." He mocks with a smile and I playfully slap his arm making him laugh softly.

"Thank you." I say putting my milkshake between my legs. "Thank you for giving Scott a chance to do this his way." I add and he nods at me. 

"I'm only doing it because you asked." He retorts seriously. 

"You're cute when you're being a nice guy." I end playfully which causes him to raise an eyebrow at me.

"And what am I when I'm not nice?" He questions curious. I smile.

"Scary sexy." I comment simply with an eager nod, causing him to momentarily bite his lip before losing my gaze.

He turns to look at Jackson's house. His eyes not really focusing on the structure at all. I take the moment to really look at him for a while. His hands lifts to his face to scratch his chin where a beard is slowly starting to grow. He drags his hand over his face in a slow movement and his eyes close briefly when his arm drops to his lap. I watch as a tired yawn escapes his lips and my eyes linger on the plump features a little too long. I pull my gaze away from him when a smile surfaces on the same lips I've been staring at, a reaction to catching me staring at him.

"All you have do is ask..." He comments lowly, turning to face me completely, leaning in slightly causing a shiver to shudder through my spine. He takes the milkshake from my lap and places into the cupholder making sure my eyes follow the action as he does so.

"Don't be a tease." I comment calmly although no part of me is anywhere near calm. He scoffs lowly, knowing me well enough to see right through me and without any warning at all I feel his fingers snaking onto my leg. "Der..." I whisper under my breath and instead of heeding the warning he smirks down at me. His hand lingers against my skin for a second before he swiftly pulls me under him. His face hovers above mine as he leans over me, a gesture that causes every part of my body to react to him.

"I miss kissing you." He comments softly and I can see the sincerity in his eyes before he leans down even closer, but he pauses above my lips. "Do you kissing me too, Y/n?" He asks in a whisper and my lungs fill with an abundance of air when his breath burns against my skin.

I look between his eyes and his lips, hoping that the smarter part of me will somehow convince me to push him away, this time. Instead I push my body closer to his, wrapping my arms around his neck to steady myself before lifting my head just an inch higher, allowing our lips to brush against each other in a delicate whisper of a kiss.

His other arm slips around my back to support me while his lips effortlessly work on deepening the kiss causing butterflies to storm around in my stomach. The kiss continues for longer than I thought my lungs would allow before Derek's lips stop moving against mine, teeth gently tugging at my bottom lip before he pulls away. He rests his forehead against my own and I feel his pulse slowing down under my grip.