Little way down the road

This one is for neonblue98.

...

Derek's pov.

My eyes fluttered open as the light from the early morning sun reflects off of the window. I look down at Lily who is peacefully asleep in my arms. She is easily the most beautiful girl I have ever met.

Lily and I have been dating for two years now. The day I met her was the best day of my life. I honestly can't believe I am lucky enough to wake up to her gorgeous face every day.

Plus she is really adorable when she sleeps. She does this thing where she nuzzles into my side and muffles her head into my chest.

I lean down and kiss the back of her head and she groans. She turns her head a little. . "Derek I am trying to sleep please stop that.." She mumbles not opening her eyes. I chuckle and lean down again and place a short kiss on her lips. She brings her hands to my cheeks and kisses me back.

"Good morning." I mumble against her lips. She pulls away and smiles.

"Good morning." She sits up to stretch her arms. "Okay Hale you got me up now what do you want to do." I smile.

I grab my shirt from the floor and pull it on. Then I stand up from the bed and walk over to the bedroom door. At the door I turn back to Lily. "You coming? " She giggles and walks up to me. She then jumps on my back and I carry her downstairs.

I set her down on the counter in the kitchen. "So princess what do you want to eat?" 

"Um how about freshly baked waffles with golden maple syrup or honey." She says licking her lips at the thought.

"That sounds good but you know what sounds even better, bacon and eggs." She giggles once again.

"Babe that's all you can make isn't ?" She asked and I nod. She smiles. "Sounds delicious.." I kiss her forehead before walking to the fridge to get the eggs and the bacon.

Lily turns on the radio and starts singing along while sitting with her back against the wall, her legs crossed on the counter as I start making breakfast.

I was making the eggs when I feel two arms wrap around my waist. Lily places a small and soft kiss in the back of my neck. "I love you.." She says as I switch the stove off.

"And I love you more." I say turning around. I lean down and connect our lips.

We finished breakfast and it was about seven o'clock. So we went back to bed. Lily was sleeping with her head on my chest and my arms were loosely wrapped around her.

This was basically how every Sunday morning went. And even though it was almost always the same it never got old or boring. Because every moment I spend with my Lilypad is pure magic.

And I sure wouldn't mind doing this every Sunday for the rest of my life.

But hey, that is still a little way down the road..

...

xoxo..*M