Right kind of wrong

You and Derek are standing in the que at the opening of this new bar not far from the loft. It wasn't anything fancy but since you and Derek were secretly dating you couldn't be picky about date destinations.

You two were third in line. It was freezing outside and your little black sleeveless dress wasn't winning any awards fro keeping the cold away . Derek took of his leather jacket and draped it over your shoulders. His arms were also around your waist keeping you warm.

"Hey Der.." You said while slightly pulling away so you could see his face.

"What's up princess." You both smiled.

"When can we finally tell Scott and the others? " Derek pulled away and rushed his  hand through his hair.

You knew this was a touchy subject. Derek wanted to tell everyone about the two of you more than anything. He wanted everyone to know about the amazing girl he is dating. He wanted to scream it from every rooftop in Beacon Hills.

But he couldn't.

He placed his hands on your hips "Y/n you know I love you right.." You nodded slowly and he smiled before continuing. "And you know that there is nothing that I want more than to tell them but you know we can't. Not only would that make you a target for the supernatural world but you know how Scott feels about his sister dating bad boys.." You scoffed as he said the last sentence with so much certainty.

 "So you're a bad boy, huh." You gave him a cheeky and almost teasing smile.

"You know what I mean." With that you both entered the bar. With his arm around your shoulder Derek led you towards your table.

After ordering a pizza with extra cheese for the two of you to share, Derek moved his chair closer to yours and intertwined your fingers.

"I love you.." You whispered to fill the silence.

You really loved him. Every little thing about him. You loved the undercover softly that you know he is. You loved the way he acted around you -not the sarcastic and mean guy he is around everyone else- the sweet, loving and thoughtful guy. He was the furthest thing from a bad guy. If only Scott and the others could see the real him.

You and Derek were listening and softly laughing at the drunks up on stage trying to sing karaoke. And then you got an idea. "Hey Der you wanna make a deal.."

"Depends.." He was careful to talk himself into just anything.

"Okay so if I go on that stage and make it through the entire song we have to tell Scott and the others that we are dating.." Derek looked at the stage and then back at you. He knew you had an amazing voice but he also knew that you had terrible stage fright.

"Deal.." It was a cheeky response, almost like he was sure there was nothing to worry about.

You slowly made your way up to the stage nervously fiddling with your dress. The band asked you what you wanted to sing and handed you a book with song names. You decided on 'The right kind of wrong.' By Leann Rimes.

"I would like dedicate this song to my 'friend'." You winked at Derek before signalling the band to start playing.

Beyond expectation you were amazing. Everybody loved you. Derek couldn't take his eyes off of you. He was so proud of you. Even though he wasn't expecting you to make it through at all, he was actually glad that the whole world was finally going to know that you are his girl.

After eating your pizza and a lot of kissing, you and Derek left the bar. You were currently in his car heading home. But Derek missed the turn.

"Derek where are we going ?"  You shifted in your seat and looked back at the turn he should've taken.

"Lydia's.." It was a vague and final answer.

...

Derek's car came to a slow stop. "Derek what ar-" he cut you off by getting out of the car and walking around the front to open your door. In silence he lead you to Lydia's front door.

At the door he took your hand and kissed your forehead. "I love you.." he whispered once again as he opened the door. The two of you walked into the sitting room only to find everyone laughing and playing a board game. And then you remembered

Movie night.

Everyone turned their heads to see the two of you.  Their eyes shooting to you first as you tightly gripped on to Derek's arm. You looked up at him and he was smiling .Scott on the other hand was not, he got up from the couch and started making his way towards you. Derek softly pushed you behind him. To shield you somehow, although in the moment it might have been smarter if he stood behind you.

"Okay Scott, before you do anything stupid just hear me out.." Derek's voice was calm.

"Five minutes.." Scott's voice was rapid as he looked from you to Derek. 

"I love her Scott. I love her more than anything and I am pretty sure she loves me too. I will never let anything happen to her. Just give this a shot."  Scott looked at you obviously noticing the rosy color of your cheeks and the huge smile on your face.

"Do you love him.." Scott spoke carefully,  the anger in his voice replaced with brotherly worry. You stepped out from behind Derek and snaked your arms around his waist placing a kiss on his cheek.

"More than he will ever know.."

...

xoxo..*M