Mine

For @ shadowworldss .

...

Rosie's pov.

Love sucks. It really does. One minute you're on cloud nine and nothing on earth can steal your joy. But eventually you are bound to fall down and hit your head.

"Rosie stop walking away from me." Derek shouts behind me, this guy can not take a hint.

"Derek I really don't want to talk right now." Derek grabs my wrist forcing me to stop. I look down at his hand as it tightly grips around the soft skin. He removes his hand and sighs.

"I already said I'm sorry Rose."

Sorry. It puzzles me how he thinks 'I'm sorry' could make up for what he did. My hand moves before my thoughts form and I find myself slapping him across the face. "Sorry. " I comment and he holds the side of his face. "Did that make you feel better." I ask and he furrows his eyebrows. "Exactly." I bring my bag over my other shoulder and then walk past him swallowing the awfully unwelcome tears.

...

One week

"Promise me there isn't something to worry about.." I asked as Derek walked into the loft with me. He sighed and kissed me.

"There is absolutely nothing to worry about Rosie, I love you and only you."

.

I found him kissing Mrs. Blake or well Jennifer the next day. I stormed out of the loft and haven't returned since then. He keeps saying he's sorry, voicemails, texts, calls. Is it enough though. Why would he cheat on me in the first place, how sorry can he really be. It's been a week since then and I had hoped he would take my silence as a break up, but he won't leave me alone. He claims that he can't let go of me, of what we had.

Honestly, neither can I but I don't know how to deal with any of this.

I have Peter though. Yes the connection between him and Derek is not very ideal but Peter is my second closest friend after Derek and he has been there for me through this whole mess.

My legs feel like jelly as I approach the Hale house, walking two blocks is not really my favorite thing in the world.

Much to my disappointment Derek is here. He stands shirtless as he hovers over the front of his car. He has been working out a lot lately, the fact being quite visible. His hair is messy and his beard is starting to regrow. His eyes don't wonder from the engine although he obviously knows I'm here. "Hi." He states using the cloth from his back pocket to clean the oil from his hands.

I scoff. "Do you own a shirt." I fold my arms in front of me. He smiles.

"If you don't like what you see why are you still staring." I roll my eyes.

"Good point." I walk into the old house where Peter is waiting.

"Hey you" He greets emerging from what once was the kitchen. I smile and wrap my arms around him in a hug I've been needing for a while now. "I'll get my stuff ready and we'll leave in a few minutes." He disappears into another room. I sit down on  the staircase fully aware how long he would actually take.

Derek stumbles into the house as well but stops at the door. I sigh. "This used to be so easy." I pull my sleeves over my hands. "I used to be this girl with a crush on her best friend." Derek sits down next to me. "Then I saw my best friend turn into a furry cat-like werewolf creature. Which of course didn't change the way I felt about you, feel about you."

My eyes move from object to object unsure where to look. "I'm sorry Rosie." Derek almost whispers and I sigh once again.

"Why." His hands want to reach for mine but he pulls away.

"Moment of pure insanity." He comments. "You drive me crazy. Everything about you makes me feel like I'm going mad. I've never felt this strongly about anyone and the pure thought of how much I love you scares the crap out of me. I want to be near you every moment of everyday. I want to wrip the head off of the man at McDonalds who smiles at you. I want to whisper you're mine to every person you talked to. I want to stop feeling complete raw emotion when I see you."

"So you love me so much you cheated on me." I ask and Derek groans.

"No. I don't know why I kissed her. I don't think I'll ever know what came over me to do something that could end our relationship. That could take you away from me."He places his hand on my knee. "I'll never be able to take back what I did Rose, but I'd like to spend the rest of our time together making up for my actions."

"Five minutes." Peter yells from the second floor and I push myself up from the stairs.

"I just need some time." I mumble so softly my words seem to fade. Derek groans and pushes past me to walk out of the house.

"Take as us long as you need Rose." He looks at me and bites his lip. "Please don't hate me." He leaves the house before I can reply.

Oh Derek.

....

Two weeks.

Peter and I walk down the street in silence.  Peter decided to cancel the movie plans and just go for a stroll.

"Feeling better." He asks when we both stop . I nod my head and flash a fake smile. "I wanted to do something." Peter states brushing my hair out of my face. My eyebrows furrow and he smiles. "I wanted to try something." He whispers stepping closer. Oh please don't. His hands form around my face with a grip so tight I can't move away.

"Peter think about this." I beg but he shakes his head.

"I need to know. " His lips meet  mine and I fight back against him, trying to back up. He just pushes against me harder. Anger and disgust builds up in me and before I could stop myself Peter is laying on the ground in pain.

My legs move as fast as possible as I run over to the only place I can think of going.

Oh what a sucker I am.

...

"He kissed you." Derek shouts from the other side of the loft while I sit down on the couch. I can't even here his threats anymore. What am I doing here?

I love Derek, of course I do. But he cheated. Am I stupid to say he won't do it again/ Am I silly for being so unsure about this?

But I love him.

It's been two weeks and all that anger and sadness has been replaced with complete confusion. I miss him. That's all I keep feeling. I want him to be mine just as much as he wants me to be his. I want him to know that I could never hate him.

"Did he hurt you?" Derek's voice is loud and clear behind me as he leans against the couch.

"No Der." I say and he sighs.

"Did he-"

"Shut up." I mumble.

"What?" I turn my body and climb onto the couch with my knees.

"Shut up." I repeat. "Kiss me." I whisper and to my surprise Derek leans forward and kisses, so slowly and passionately like it would be the last time he kissed me. "I don't hate you. I love you, no matter what." I kiss his lips once more. "If you want me." I kiss him again. "You got me." Derek smiles.

"I love you Rosie."

"That's good but Der, if you cheat on me again you'll be losing a lot more than your mind." I end my statement with a light slap on his arm.

"Noted." He comments. Derek lifts me from the couch by putting his large hands on my waist and spinning me around. "Mine." Derek laughs and kisses my neck.

...

So my lovelies request are closed.. the last chapter for the book will be published in the next few days..

xoxo.. M