Best of me

I know that the movie "The best of me" by Nicholas Sparks is rather old so it won't be at the cinema's but anyway. The movie won't really affect the story line either. 

..

You stare into the mirror while applying your bright red lipstick. It was movie night. Well every Friday night is movie night. This however was your first movie night since Derek came back from Mexico after all the drama that it held.

The memories of a few months ago were stuck in your head. You could still remember the sight of Derek's lifeless body. It felt like someone ripped your heart out and crushed it. Your entire world came crumbling down around you. But then he came back and at least for now everything was fine.

"You look beautiful." Derek's voice made you jump. You turned around to see him leaning against the door frame of your bedroom. You smiled at him and shyly looked at your feet and soon Derek's feet were right in front of yours.

He placed his finger on your chin gently pushing your face up. "You don't believe me but it's true and the fact that you don't know just how beautiful you are, makes me love you even more." You could actually feel your cheeks becoming red.

He always did this. He would say the sweetest and sometimes the most stupid things that would make you blush like crazy. He would then place soft and quick kisses on your cheeks and then your lips. That would stop the blushing but it certainly didn't help with the butterflies in your stomach.

After re- applying your lipstick and putting on your shoes you and Derek drove to the mall.

..

Derek lost a bet so you got to choose the movie. You picked a really sweet romantic movie that you have been wanting to see for a while now. 'The best of me'. The movie- theater was empty and you and Derek were the only ones there.

You were cuddled up in Derek's strong arms. Derek actually enjoyed the movie since there were some sad parts that made you cry. So he would pull you on to his lap and wrap his arms around you holding you tight until the sad parts were over. It was super cliche but very cute as well.

It was at that really sweet part of the movie where they slow danced to 'Sweet Jane' by Cowboy junkies. It is a really old song but it kind of blended into the movie.

And then Derek got an idea. He got up and held his hand out for you to take. You gave him a questioning look before taking his hand. He slowly pulled you down to the front of the cinema. You were standing right in front of the screen.

Looking down at your intertwined hands he smiled. "May I have this dance." You giggled while slowly nodding your head. He then put your your free hand on his shoulder and his free hand on your lower back.

"Derek I need you to promise me something.." You whispered moving your hands to his neck. He moved his hands to your waist worriedly looking at you.

"Okay.." you took a deep breath.

"Promise you won't leave me again? " A tear escaped your eye but Derek caught it before it could stain your cheek.

"Y/n I just got you back I am not losing you again." He whispered tightening his grip on your waist and pulling you closer.

"Der I need you to say it." He moved both his hands to your cheeks.

"I promise.."

And then you danced, totally forgetting about the movie. At that moment everything disappeared. All your worries. All your pain. All your insecurities. All of it. And it was all because of Derek.

You knew that you were never going to have to face anything on your own. He was gonna be there. He was gonna make the bad times good and the good times better. You knew that he was always gonna be you light in a world that seemed dark.

...

xoxo..*M