In your head.

@amanda2k18 I loved your request but struggled to get started on it, hope you like it. (:

somnum (Latin)- sleep        

dolor (Latin) - pain

intermissum (Latin)- break

ignis (Latin)- fire

sana (Latin)- heal

...                                                                                                                                                                     

Darkness falls down on the quiet town.

"You're making a mistake." A sharp thrilling voice sends silence down the halls of the Beacon Hills police station. Sheriff Stilinski walks into the station while gripping onto the tied hands of a girl. She glares at every police officer she passes and grits down on her teeth as she does so. Her clothes are ripped and covered in dirt, on the out lines of her sleeves dark red stains hide the patterns. Her face, pale and tired with sharp features, like an addict going through withdrawal. Her eyes, like of  a rat, seeming almost out of proportion to her heavy eyelids.  Her shoulders are tense as she almost shivers in every step she takes, stumbling forward as her body gets led towards a cell.  There is something about her that draws people in, enough for them to watch her every move, some more than others.

"Sheriff." Despite the situation the Sheriff feels the need to stop and turn around, the voice of the spoken one being familiar, eyes bearing confusion he looks at the newly turned alpha.

"Derek, what are you doing here." He asks in an hushed tone, not wanting the girl to pay much attention to them. "Shouldn't you be with your pack, you know it is a full moon tonight."

Derek tilts his head as if to look past the Sheriff completely only interested in the face of the girl he does not know. "Then why are you locking a werewolf up." She shifts in the Sheriffs arms to meet the brunettes gaze and her eyes change for less than a second and if Derek was not looking directly at her he would not have noticed the subtle slip.

Eyes so different than he has ever seen on any creature. The red of an alpha  but mixed in the pool of cherry red are the thin lines of metallic black. Derek breaks eye contact and only now sees the moving lips of the Sheriff.

"-I can't take her any where else." the Sheriff ends pulling the girl closer to his side. She groans as the cuffs slice against her wrist. "We picked her up in the woods a few miles from the scene of ten dead bodies, found her covered in blood running out of town. She might be the murderer."

"Bullshit." Her lips barely part and her voice is a soft whisper but it was enough for her to be heard.

"If she shifts in the cell she'll expose us. We have no choice but to take her to the loft, hand her over to me and I'll hold her for the night." Sheriff hovers in his position, eyes looking from Derek to the girl.

"She might try to escape. " He replies through gritted teeth.

"Then put a car across the street if you must but I am taking the girl with or without your consent. By leaving her in here you are putting her in danger." Derek leans forward and without a response he takes the girl by her arm and holds her steady.

"Fine. I'll send Parrish to follow you and the handcuffs stay on until you reach the house."

Derek nods and smiles at the girl. In a careful movement he drapes his jacket over her shoulders. He pulls her under his arm and with his head next to her ear he whispers. "Don't run."