My girl

Ally_Prince04

Word count: 2100

...

Your pov.

"Madison just shut up, okay. No one cares." I say as Madison once again shares the dangers of our trip away from the camp. For future references it might be smart to leave the goody goody asleep when sneaking out. School camps have always been a tradition for seniors. The school stuffs us into this largely uncomfortable bus and then drives us miles away from Norton High all the way to a little town called Beacon Hills.

The group keeps shouting and laughing behind me disturbing the peace of this midnight forest trip. If we keep making this much noise we are going to get caught before we get to have any actual fun. All in all the group was simply my hover. I'd get in less trouble if I was with them than I would get in on my own.

Private school is sort of better that way, you find the highest rankers and use them to your advantage. Five people. Madison is the mayors daughter. Carter is the sheriffs nephew. Brad is the sun of judge Mary Lewis, she basically owns the school. Lauren is the principles step daughter and Barry is distant family of the president himself.

At the bottom of the economic staircase you'd find me. My mom and dad both work for state as assistants or something. Nothing high paying but it landed me a full scholarship to Nortan Prep. Now I spend most of my days alone at the dorms with poor Barry Baker stopping by with a bag of take out every now and then.

These people are all fighting for their parents approval, all while trying to drink themselves to sleep. And me.

I'm just trying to be free again. 

"Where are you going Skippy?" Carter hands me another bottle of Vodka as he follows me away from the shouting teens. I turn to him and he smiles down at me. He is the typical example of the hot and wounded soul that tries so hard to hide his pain. He does a very good job at that.

"Going for a walk."

"You could walk with me you know, or we could find a tree and do something else ?" He moves closer and pushes the large curls away from the side of my face. He used to drive me crazy when he did that. Back when we were an option. Now he flirts and he drinks and he pretends that our drunken kisses don't matter.

I push myself onto my toes and gently kiss his always soft lips. He smiles as I pull away. "Cover for me okay ?"

"You're a tease Alyssa." He grabs the bottle from my hand and then looks at the dark forest behind us. "If anything happens just run, okay?"

...

As I find myself walking further away from the group little rays of light burn through the trees. It isn't sharp which shows it might be flashlights. I stuff my hands into my pocket and pull the jacket tighter, it is a lot cooler than I expected it to be.  The closer I get to the lights the more I see and the more I hear. There seems to be more than one person. They are talking in a slight whisper but it is still possible to hear what they are saying. But then the lights die and so do the voices.

Nothing. There is a vast darkness surrounding me. It all seems like the start of a low budget horror movie. Branches crack and I swear something moved in front of me. 

"Who are you?" I jump as the voice speaks behind me but even though I try I can't see anything except the mist hanging around me. I can actually feel my heart raising in my chest and for some unknown reason I take a deep breath. But I'm not the only one. The person who talked like merely two seconds ago is breathing like crazy. This would have been so much more relaxing if I was alone. There are distant screams and they are followed by a lot of crashing and I swear I heard a growl.