Maybe

This one is for HarleyPeregrine .. enjoy.

...

"That it good, okay just try and block the punches with your hands and not with your face." Stiles shouts before taking another bite of his chocolate bar.

"You know he is really getting on my nerves." Scott laughs at your comment.

"Yeah he sure is really opinionated for someone who is sitting on the bench. I bet he would not last more than five minutes in here." Scott jokes looking over at Stiles.

Looking back at Scott you realize he lost focus and is not concentrating at all on what the two of you are doing. Taking a risk you lift your fists and step forward, aiming for his cheek you punch him right in the face. Scott falls backwards and brings his hand up to the place you just hit. Laughter escalates from the mouth of a very happy Stiles as he runs into the ring to get a better look at the situation. "Nice shot." Scott beams pushing himself up from the mat.

"Are you okay ? I did not hurt you right." Scott laughs.

" Mer I am a werewolf of course that did not hurt." You remove the boxing cloves from your hand and throw them on your bag.

"Actually Scott I was talking about your ego, you just got knocked down by a girl."

"I let you win little Mer, Derek would kill me if I sent his girl home all down in the dumps." Scott started removing his boxing cloves as well.

"Yes or little Marian over there just showed you how a real man fights." Stiles adds wrapping his arm around your shoulder. Scott stays silent for a while looking at the ground before looking directly at you.

"You are getting cocky Mer. But if you think you are good enough to beat me then let's go, right here and right now." Scott tries to sound badass but he can not fight the sweet playful look on his face.

"Um let us keep in mind that this is supposed to be a training exercise not a quarrel between friends. I personally think this is a bad idea. Scott, Derek is going to be angry as hell if you send her home with so much as a mark on her. So why don't we just call it a draw and go get some milk shakes." You sigh.

"What do you say M, are you as much of a chicken as your friend or are you going to put your money where your mouth is and fight me." Scott inches closer to you and before you have time to reply you are already on the floor with Scott hovering over you as he pins you to the ground, his hands gripping your arms tightly but not roughly. Scott would not want to hurt you. You start gigging and Scott and Stiles both look at you confused.

"That tickles." You comment between laughs looking at your arm.

"Oh sure, I guess I should let you go then.." Scott trails off looking at Stiles. "Or I could do this.." your laughter fills the empty gym as Scott's fingers move over your stomach as he tickles you.

"See now is this not better than punching each other." Stiles grabs Scott and pulls him off of you. "Dude I am hungry and even though seeing Mer giggle like a little girl is cute as hell, I would much rather go to McDonalds."

"That sounds fun boys but I have school tomorrow and I promised Derek I would be home in time to watch The vampire diaries with him." You give both the boys a kiss on the cheek before going home.

At the loft you casually walk into the bedroom you and Derek share knowing he would be on the bed reading a book but when you open the door the room is empty and the book Derek started reading a week ago is still closed on his bedside table.

You heal voices coming from the kitchen. Walking slowly and soundlessly you make your way over to the kitchen. Stopping yourself from gasping or squealing you cover your mouth with your hand. Derek is on the floor, a huge amount of blood staining his shirt as Erica keeps slashing him with her claws. Derek is not fighting back, he just sits there on the floor as she keeps hurting him, over and over again. Well if he is not going to do anything then you are.

You grab the pan hanging on a hook on the wall and then carefully inch a little closer to Erica in her wolf form. Without even hesitating you lift the metal pan and hit the girl over her head. She stumbles a little but then turns to face you not looking very happy, which made sense since you just hit the girl over the head with a frying pan. You look for something else to hit her with but there was nothing you could reach. So you fill in the little gap left between the two off you and punch her right in the face. She kneels down shifting back to human form and covering her bloody nose with both her hands. "You little cow." She mumbles.

Ignoring her comment you walk over to Derek offering him a hand to help him up. He smiles down at you and you return the gesture. "Lets get you cleaned up okay." The two of you start walking but you turn around to look at Erica. "Make sure to clean up your mess before you leave."

...

"Are you healing yet." You ask handing Derek another shirt.

"Yeah I am fine, how is your hand." You look down at the hand you used to punch Erica. Considering this is the first time you punched someone your technique was not one of the bests. Your knuckles are a little swollen and purple bruises are forming.

" I am fine." You reply and Derek sighs.

"Sit down." He points to the bed and you do as you are told. An unwanted silence fills the room as Derek places the bandage around your hand. Derek looks up at you and sighs. "She could have hurt you." He sits down next to you staring at the wall in front of him.

"She was hurting you."

"I was handling it."

"You were laying on your butt doing nothing, how the hell is that handling it?" You look over at Derek.

"Well maybe if you were here with me instead of chilling with Scott and Stiles I would have had a reason to fight. Maybe if you were here with me Erica would not have tried to come on to me and she would definitely not have freaked out when I turned her down. Maybe if you were here I would not be feeling like a complete idiot right now for being jealous that Scott and Stiles get to see you more than I do." Derek gets up from the bed dragging his hands through his hair.

"And maybe if you could just use that big brain of yours you would realize that Scott and Stiles are two teenage boys who need someone to keep them out of trouble and since you spend most of your time being a full grown alpha douchebag that responsibility falls onto me. Now you can stand there feeling sorry for yourself or you can apologies for being such an ass." You shout.

"Oh sure, make me the bad guy. Well I am sorry for loving you so damn much that it pains me to see you all friendly with other guys." Derek shouts and you smile.

"See that was not so hard, now was it." You walk over to Derek placing your hands on the back of his neck. "I love you too you know, and believe it or not I love you way to much to replace you with the hyperactive spas and the little werewolf."

...

xoxo.. M