Chapter 49

Kairavi emptied the contents of her stomach while some dasis rubbed her back. Vomiting itself was an exhausting task, for she felt her energy flowing down the drain along with her barf.

"Arni!" Nakul entered her room without permission. Krishna had a paricharak inform him about Kairavi's sudden health breakdown.

She coughed up mucus when there was nothing left to vomit. Black spots danced before her vision as she found it hard to support herself on her knees and two arms.

'Indigestion?" His hands replaced the handmaiden's, on her back. He asked the servants to fan her face while she switched in and out of consciousness.

Arni was a mess.
Her hair was in shambles, clothes disheveled and sweat dripped from her forehead.

Nakul wiped her mouth with his angvastra and patted her face to keep his wife awake. The old rajvaidya hobbled his way into the kaksh after some time. He saw Madrikumar urging Chandrakumari to eat some ice cubes.

The physician measured her pulse and checked her eyes. Nakul had concluded that Dwarka's food didn't suit her, purposefully omitting a possibility that didn't have any hopes of coming true.

But in the back of his mind, he had a good feeling about it.

"Chandraputri is expecting, rajkumar! Hearty congratulations to both of you." Kairavi's jaw fell open. "But I am infertile."

"Your body says something else, rajkumari. These symptoms clearly indicate that you are pregnant."

She turned to Nakul. "Arya?" "I suspected the same, love." The look of surprise mixed with bliss on his face was priceless. Arni laugh-cried and petted her stomach. Finally!

Finally, God had sabotaged her pain. Her desolate womb was now blessed with a child.

"Govind..." a tear of joy rolled down her pale cheek. "Sakhi?" Krishna pretended to be worried, but Kairavi saw the smile behind his frown. "Are you okay?"

"Adhbhut hain aap, Govind." She wept and threw herself in his arms. This time, even Dwarkadhish wasn't able to restrain his happiness. Seeing Arni so overwhelmed with exhilaration, his heart swole with joy.

"But how?" She sniffed.

"Ekant." He ordered all servants and the physician to leave the room.
He turned to the couple who was eager to know how he managed to pull that off.

"Maharaj Dashrath's four sons, Ram, Bharat, Lakshman, and Shatrughan were born in a similar way.

His three queens, Kaushalya, Kaikeyi, and Sumitra conceived, after consuming a divine payasam which was the result of his putra-kameshti yagya.

Ye samajh lo tumhara putra bhi devtaon ka prasad hai, sakhi." He grinned.

Nakul folded his hands, "I don't know how to thank you, Vasudev. The biggest hole in Kairavi's heart was the lack of a child, and you have filled it now."

"