Chapter 63

Kairavi couldn't hold in her anger anymore, seeing Dusshasan unwilling to give up on his despicable act. She seized his arm again and tried to push him off the platform just like she did before.
But the contemptible son of Gandhari wasn't that big of a fool.

Leaving Draupadi's saree, he twisted Chandraja's arm; making her stumble on the steps.
Grabbing her braided hair, he flung her down the tall rostrum.

The rebellious wife of the twins, who was in the second trimester of her gifted pregnancy, collapsed down the stairs and landed on her stomach.
A nerve-numbing pain shot through her womb as the life inside it breathed its last.

A deafening screech emerged out of her throat, making the assembly's heart tremble.
Her guts spasmed fiercely and voice broke, when her small frame shook up in convulsions.
"KAIRAVI!" Nakul and Sahadev were knocked out of their breaths.

"Nahi, sakhi!!" Krishna clutched the handrest of his chariot. Squeezing his eyes shut, he let out a heart-wrenching scream at the loss of Kairavi.
He lifted his fisted hand to his chest and held it close, weeping his heart out. "Tumhare toh praan hi le liye in rakhshason ne..." His voice cracked.

An arrow sliced through his skin, making him sway his attention to his bleeding arm.
Wiping a trickle of the red fluid, he vowed,

"I promise, Kairavi. Every drop of your blood will be avenged! Every sob of yours will turn into laughter; and this misery? This misery will bloom into satisfaction soon.

Don't abandon your belief in me, sakhi

Don't abandon your belief in me, sakhi. Kyuki apne bhakton ke vishwas ke bina mai nihshastra hu."

Bheeshm quickly scampered over to the deprived mother, as a crimson liquid started oozing out from between her legs.
He fell on his knees beside her. Arni wheezed in a shaky gasp while Devavrat hoisted her up with his club-like arms.

 Arni wheezed in a shaky gasp while Devavrat hoisted her up with his club-like arms

"ARYA!" Her uterus felt like it had been stabbed by the eight tusks of Airavat.
The burning sensation cramped it up like a charred leaf.
Sticky blood refused to let go of her garment, as she was lifted from the ground.
The searing pain had wrung out the remaining strength from her body; for she didn't move until Devavrat picked her up.