Chapter 43

The news reached Hastinapur with the pace of an eagle in the air.

Mahamahim and Rajmata were on the ninth cloud, knowing that their children had chosen an excellent way to free themselves of Dhritrashtra's terms.
Nobody in the entire country would dare to stop Kunti and Bhishm from visitng Khandavprasth, if Chakravarti Samrat Yudhishthir demanded their presence.

Duryodhan's soul blazed with jealousy and contempt. But there wasn't anything Shakuni or his father could do, because Khandav was an independent kingdom.

Although it bore Hastinapur's flag, but all the documents and paperwork were in Dharmraj's hands. Maharaj slammed his fist on his armrest remembering his words.

"I, hereby declare Panduputra Yudhishthir, the independent ruler of Khandavprasth."

Circumstances had began to favour the pandavs after so many hardships. Nothing was obstructing their resolution of the Rajsuya yagna, the biggest accomplishment in the life of a Kshatriya.

Kairavi was brimming with pride. Her husbands were going in different directions to conquer numerous dominions single-handedly.
The dawn of their departure arrived at her doorstep in no time.

Putting tilaks on Nakul and Sahadev's foreheads, she said, "Jyeshth and Jiji deserve this title, and they are counting on you for it.

Go fight like lions, Arya. Show Hastinapur that the desert they had parted with 12 years ago, is now going to be the centre of Bharatvarsh.

Just like I've killed all fears, all sorrows and doubts from my mind about your victories; slay every single one of your enemies who refuse to bow before the magnanimous sons Ashwini Kumars.

Give them a taste of the greatness of Khandavprasth. Vijayi Bhavah!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bhool, sakhi.

Kya pushp kabhi madhu-makshika ko apni dasi banata hai?
Nahi na.
Phool usse swatantrata deta hai, toh wo usse parag-kan deti hain.

Kuch aisi hi hoti hai shasan neeti.

Apne adheen, rajaon ko agar apna praabalya dikhao, toh wo sangharsh karte hain.
Kintu udarta dikhao, toh samman karte hain.

Aur aise samman ka aadhar bhay nahi, nishtha hoti hai.

Keval yahi nahi, wo us shasak ki khyati ke madhyam bhi bante hain, uski udarta ke parag-kan door door tak bote hain; jisse saamrajya ki vriddhi swayam hi ho jaati hai.

Toh vichaar karo Kairavi. Vastav me garima kaise paayi ja sakti hai?

Sehastra rajyon pe vijay prapt karke, ya waha vaas karne wale manushyo ke hridayon ko jeetke?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Rajkumar Nakul has won Rohitak, and defeated the Mattamyuraks and sage Akrosh, thereby conquering Sairishak and Mahetta.

Also, his invincible army has dominated over the tribes of Dasarnas, the Sivis, the Trigartas.

The exceptional khadgadhari has routed Amvashtas, the Malavas and the five tribes of the Karnatas, the Madhyamakeyas, the Vattadhanas and the Utsava-sanketas." Bandhul, a minister in Yudhishthir's court, read the scroll aloud.