Chapter 53

The Yagyagni refused to let go of its brilliance till the last day of Rajsuya arrived at Shakraprasth's doorstep. Yudhishthir and Panchali, along with several thousands of brahmins were seen chanting the concluding mantras before the sacrificial Sanctorum; as the ceremony drew to a close.

 Yudhishthir and Panchali, along with several thousands of brahmins were seen chanting the concluding mantras before the sacrificial Sanctorum; as the ceremony drew to a close

"ॐ
स्वस्ति प्रजाभ्यः परिपालयन्तां न्यायेन मार्गेण महीं महीशाः।
गोब्राह्मणेभ्यः शुभमस्तु नित्यं लोकाः समस्ताः सुखिनो भवन्तु ॥

ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ।"

"May the rulers of the earth protect the well-being of the people,
With justice, by means of the right path.
May there always be good fortune for cows, Brahmins, and all living beings,
May the inhabitants of all the worlds be full of happiness.

Om Peace, Peace, Peace!"

Maharishi  Ved Vyas closed the yajna by sprinkling holy water over the fire. His disciples went in different directions to dredge shanti jal over everyone's heads from the brass kalash. The attendees bowed their heads to receive the sacrament being poured three times, with the vamans reciting the peace invocation hymn in chorus.

Yudhishthir stood up at his place and meekly requested the kings to make their way towards the illusory building for the last step of the yagya. 

The Mayasabha was a hall par excellence. Its floor shined like a mirror. It had areas that appeared like a real pond but in fact, was hard floor. At other places, what appeared like a hard floor was in fact water ponds. Hallways appeared to be where there were walls and vice versa. The columns of this palace were made of gold.

Maya also appointed his kinsmen, eight thousand rakshasas known as the Kinkaras to guard this palace. Inside the palatial hall, there were many interesting devices that were a delight to behold and would cause wonderment to even the most jaded observer. It took the daitya just fourteen months to complete this building.