Chapter 92

Sahadev caught Kairavi's sudden movements in the corner of his eye.
He looked over immediately to find her hunched over the clay framework.
He was sitting with his twin and cousin on a cot, chatting merrily about the well-being of Dwarka.

He kept watching her till she made eye-contact with him. Flicking his chin slightly upwards, he asked what was going on.
Arni shook her head, steadying her breathing quickly. "F-food." She stammered grabbing everyone's attention.

"What?" Nakul asked. 

"I'm serving food

"I'm serving food. Come inside." She replied, louder this time.
The three brothers got up from their seats and sauntered towards the threshold of the hut.

Chandraja didn't want anybody's sympathy. Arush not knowing the truth about his birth was her own decision. As much as she wanted to revoke it, she couldn't.
At least as long as the exile lasted. And neither did she want anyone to pity her misery.

She went inside and fetched a small earthen vessel for them to wash their hands with.
Handing it to the youngest Ashwiney, she felt him giving her a reassuring squeeze.

They all walked over to the pond to clean their dirty hands and feet, while the moon princess sorted their aasan mats on the floor.
She wiped the banana leaves carefully with a soaked rag before placing them in front of the mats along with some more small pots.

"Where are the kids, sakhi?" Dwarkadheesh asked, not finding them anywhere in the front part. "I'm not giving them back, Govind." Chitra joked, carrying a hot vessel of cooked rice to where they were sitting.

Kanha shook his head, "You'll be only making it hard for yourself."

"