Chapter 95

"Human?" She gave him a look of skepticism while letting out a humorless chuckle.
"Tell me, Govind. Which human can slay demons in their infancy?
Or lift the mighty Govardhan on their little finger?"

A hint of hurt flashed in Keshav's luminous eyes, but Kairavi was too keen on Arush's distress to notice it.

He gave her a bold glare to emphasize the forgotten fact that; despite having the entire universe in his palm, he still found himself helpless in numerous situations

Without blinking a lash, he asked, "So that makes me blameworthy for your son's nightmares?
Your husbands are fragments of devas too. Why don't you hold them responsible?"

Dejection reeked from his tone, making Arni's expression transition from furious to blank in the quarter of a second.

It dawned upon her, that she had pointed a finger towards the person, who gave meaning to her motherhood. The one who made her a part of Kuruvansh.

The one human who went against nature and bestowed her with two children!
And how did she repay his unmatched benevolence? By holding him at fault for something he didn't have control over?

The peals of laughter from the kids were muffled at this point.
Chandraja looked like her tongue had stuck to the roof of her mouth.

There was one time when the divine ruler of Dwarka had addressed her as his third mother.
His Dhairyadatri.

And here she was, blotching her name by neglecting one son for the other.

"I-I didn't mean that, Govind." She tried putting her hand on his shoulder, but he moved away just in time.
Krishna stared at the youngest pandavs playing with Arush and Abhimanyu beside the stone-well.

"What have I become? Aryaputras' fathers taught me to heal people, and I'm hurting them here.
Forgive me, Madhav. It was the heat of the moment and I couldn't contain myself.
Pardon my foolishness." Anyone could tell from the look on her face, that she was soaking in guilt.

"Look at me, sakha..." She placed her hand on his cheek and craned his face towards her.
Her eyes begged for forgiveness just as soon as they met Brij Bihari's.

He sighed and shook his head. "You need to acknowledge that you are not the only one suffering injustice, sakhi.
Stop giving supreme importance to your pain.
I am raising your son on your behalf, and I would never wish for him to have dreams about someone's death. That's the last thing a guardian would want."

"