Chapter 76

"You came." He whispered, hugging the life out of her. He felt a slight nod from the head tucked underneath his chin.
Kairavi's hand roamed around his chest, stroking his skin affectionately.

"You are a caveman." She jested, alluding to the hair that had grown there.
"You're in love with an ape." She laughed loudly at his remark.
She enjoyed the sensation.
It had been so long since she spent wholesome moments with her family.

"The most handsome ape in Aryavart," she added.

"Thank you, m'lady, I'm flattered."

After a while of just staying still in their positions, Nakul asked. "How did you find me?"
Kairavi smiled and sighed loudly. "I just followed you, Apeman. Just like Savitri followed Satyavan."
"And..." he drawled. "Our son?"

"Arush." Chandreya closed her eyes taking his name.
With the blessing of Bhagadev, she was able to see him in her mind.
She chuckled, watching handmaidens shake some rattles in front of his face to get him to stop crying.

They were struggling with the fussy prince.
A few of them were running around the chamber in a helter-skelter, looking for his toys.

"Your son is very stubborn, Arya." She taunted playfully.
"I wish I could see him as you do. He, too, hasn't seen any of his fathers even once." Came a bleak reply from Nakul.

It was nothing less than a smack on the face for his first wife; for she was reminded of the sacrifice.
The sacrifice that Nakul did not even know about.

Kairavi broke the embrace and stared straight into his eyes

Kairavi broke the embrace and stared straight into his eyes. She put a hand on his cheek and whispered lovingly,

"He will get nightmares."

"You are a meanie, Chandraputri!" He exclaimed with a fake offense, making his beautiful wife snicker.
"Thank you, rajkumar. I'm flattered."

"Oh yeah?" He challenged while jabbing his fingers to her sides. "Don't do that!"
She ducked away from her husband. The eldest Madreya continued to tickle her, while she squirmed in his tight grip.