Chapter 90

When Kairavi looked closer, she noticed that the masked-person was only about 3 and a half feet tall.
She peered down at the rest of their body and found a maroon vesture, hemmed with golden yarn draped on his right shoulder.
They definitely sounded like a young boy.
Moreover, he called her mata.

Arni's eyes widened as she was able to predict who he could be.

Just when she was about to take the visor off his face, another one jumped in front of her.
"BOO!" A slightly shorter kid leaped out of the bushes beside her and landed on her torso.
The impact made her fall on her elbows.
Kairavi narrowly dodged the thorns sticking out of the rose hedges planted near the pond where the twins used to meditate.

"Good heavens!" She squeaked when the mud splashed over her saffron saree, leaving a ginormous blotch.
"You got scared the second time, mata!!"
The other kid commented while the first one doubled up on the ground.

However, Arni wasn't laughing.
An expression of sheer shock sat on her face as she stared at the two children with her moon-like orbs. Both of them called her a mother. Could it be?

"Anishek?" A hopeful whisper fell out of her lips as her hands automatically rose to his face to uncover his countenance.
But before she could get hold of the husky plate, he ripped it off himself, unveiling a gleaming grin.

It was a boy indeed.
His big round eyes curiously gaped at her while she admired the heartwarming smile resting on his lips.
A silver headband was swathed around his wavy raven hair, entrenched with blue gemstones.
On scanning the entirety of his face, she could see the resemblance to the great Gandivdhari.

It had to be Abhimanyu

It had to be Abhimanyu. She could swear on her life that it was him by the look he was giving her; which was exactly like when Vibhatsu looked at Pritha.
Of downright affection.

Chitrakshi was frozen in place. She gawked at the scene before her, drinking the divine sight of her celestial brother as his laughter died down to chuckles.

"Abhimanyu! Mata will turn into a rug if you stay on top of her!"

The childish joke tore her attention off of Varchas, to the other prince who was now kneeling on the other side.
She felt the tiny legs unwrap from her stomach as the adorable Soubhadrey hopped off quickly.

"And bhrata Arush! If you keep that mask on any longer, mata would get scared again!"
Excited giggles resonated in the atmosphere, triggering the tears behind Chandraputri's eyes.

"And bhrata Arush! If you keep that mask on any longer, mata would get scared again!" Excited giggles resonated in the atmosphere, triggering the tears behind Chandraputri's eyes