Chapter 72

"Right now, you don't have a kingdom, an army or sufficient ammunition to wage a war against one of the most powerful forces of Aryavart, sakhi." Govind continued.
"And moreover, Duryodhan has Mahamahim Bheeshm, Guru Drona, Kulguru Kripacharya, Ashwatthama, Sindhuraj Jaydrath and...."
He stopped to heave in a defeated breath.

"And who?" Kairavi urged him to continue.

"Angraj Karn."

---------------------------------------------------------

"What more do you need to realize that we are supporting the wrong people, Arya?" Vrushali asked, her tone accusing.

"Even your Gurudev Parshuram has made it evident that righteousness is on the pandavs' side.
He is known as an avtar of Narayan himself.
What is stopping you now?!" She demanded from her husband, who was hunched over the railing of a balcony outside their room.

His eyes were fixed on the broken armlet in his palms.
He could see the reflection of Kairavi's face in the big red gem embedded in the centre.

How she looked at him with pure hatred and disgust when the ornament had disintegrated solely from the intensity of her wrath.

The same ornament which his sister had once tied on his arm with so much love and compassion, was now reduced to a memoir of her contempt towards him.

"Is raj-paath, sampatti aur satta ka kya labh,
Jab aapka hriday hi daridra ho gaya ho?"

Vrishbhan's daughter asked. She was pregnant with Vasusen's fifth son at that time.
Her words had begun to release its effect on Karn, who was hanging from a thin string, at the middle of the situation.

Thinking about Arni, he could feel the rebellion taking birth in his heart.

"Koi labh nai, Vrushali." Radheya shook his head determinately.
Giving a confident smile to his wife, Vijaydhari stormed out of the room to rectify all the damage he had caused.